Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My F-I-L just purchased a crossbow and is wanting to get a ****ing device for it. I told him I'd check and see if anyone had a used they weren't using in an effort to try and save him a few bucks. I didn't realize those things were so expensive. I think preferably he'd like to have the winding type. Thanks ahead of time.

Mike

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Mike you need to post what type of crossbow. Not all ****ing devices are the same as they mount differently.

Jack

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shows ya what I know about the silly things, I didn't know they were different. Thanks for telling me that Jack I guess that kind of limits how many there might be out there huh? The bow is a Horton Explorer 150

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Used ones are hard to come by. I am trying to find one myself. Good luck

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Keith which one are you looking for?

Jack:D

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I kinda figured that Keith but it never hurts to ask. The biggest hinderance will be it having to be a specific one. Like I said I didn't realize they would only work with certain ones.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Jack, I have the Barnett Revolution now and I had better have Bryan around when I want to shoot. Not trying sound pathetic but these darn cancer treatments have zapped me and I am a weak man now. :roll2:

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Keith those Barnetts are hard to draw because of the length of draw. I always had a hard time with that one you got from me when it was new. I have my dad's old Horton and it has a 175lb draw and it's a B*tch to ****. I haven't got a bow bearer though.:whinging:

Jack

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Originally posted by Chairman
I once tried ****ing a crossbow by seating the buttstock against my chest. I'll NEVER do that again!

My chest was sore for days...
:eek:
Yeah that 175lbs of pressure against your chest doesn't feel too good.

Jack

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Originally posted by Chairman
I once tried ****ing a crossbow by seating the buttstock against my chest. I'll NEVER do that again!

My chest was sore for days... :eek:
I know someone else that tried that but I will not mention names in order to protect their innocence. :wink:

A foot slipping off the foot hold can get real interesting also. :mad2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts