Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
19,584 Posts
First of all...Welcome to MissouriWhitetails.com, BigSgtG! :wave:

You'll need to contact the Missouri Dept. of Conservation to obtain a hunting method exemption permit (crossbow) application, then take the form to your doctor to have 'em fill it out, then you'll need to send it back in to the MDC.

While you're at it, you might as well apply for the "hunting from a stationary vehicle permit" at the same time. I personally don't hunt much from a vehicle, but on the real cold & windy days, it's nice to be able to roll up the windows, or turn on the heat...

I have both permits (disabled vet ~ wheelchair), and I don't see where you'd have a problem getting them too. But of course, it's all in how your doctor describes your disability ~ especially with the shoulder injury, which would prevent you from holding a compound bow at full draw, for any length of time (be sure to put that on your application).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Chairman pretty much covered things but I wanted to welcome you aboard! You can also find the links for this information on my web site under rules and regulations.
Don

·
Local Legend
4,617 Posts
:wave:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.