Criticisms of MDC's finances are shortsighted

Discussion in 'Hunting News' started by xxx, Apr 22, 2006.

1. xxx

xxx Guest

I found a link to this article today in my inbasket. Thought I would share it with everyone. A very well written article I think and nails the greed and envy of some of our state officials. :soapbox:

Anyway...........

Here is a link to the actual article........

http://www.columbiatribune.com/2006/Apr/20060417Spor004.asp

Here is the article in whole as printed and published in the columbia tribune

2. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Good Post mrb......but I only need to read it once :D

3. xxx

xxx Guest

Sorry man.. I got to stuttering something bad there......:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

4. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

There was a write up in Outdoor Life a few years ago, looking at every state and how their DNR or Conservation departments funding looked. They wrote that Missouri was a model state that other states should follow as to how their funding should work. Instead of having to increase license and tag fees every year, both resident and non-resident, or having to layoff workers in order to meet their budget, the percentage of ordinary sales tax helps offset the cost and allows the department to do things that otherwise would be impossible, financially, to do.

I hope the politicians keep their grubby hands out of it and stop trying to ruin a good thing we Missourians have here.