Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and the family went to a shoot in Topeka Ks, on the second target I shoot perfect went to mark in the 12 ring and noticed it wasnt there:confused: asked the ppl shooting in front of us how they score here and its just 10, 8, and 5 a 12 pt ring only scores the same as the 10 ring. whats bad is I think I shot more 12s on this shoot than ever before:banghead: all in all I shot pretty good and the wife shot excelent, and she also nailed some 12s:rotfl:
but yet again the only family that took home something from the shoot was the youngins:cheers:

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea it was a good time, and good practice for season. I noticed the scores for the winners seemed to be lower also. winner of bowhunter class was only a 376, I figured there would be some 400s but even the open class didnt break 390.
btw qoute from Carrie "tell DSG I shot so well cause of my "manly back muscles":hysterical:
she still hasnt got over that:stickfight: but she is shooting better every day, she almost broke 300 for this shoot.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
i have shot several shoots that are 10-8-5-0
and several that are 12-10-8-5-0
as well i prefer the 12-10-8-5-0 my self

i have ever shot one of THE 3d ranges but there scoring is kinda appealing to me as well if i remember correctely it 15-10-8 -5 and 0 i think i really like that -5 for just getting foam thing.
it would be interesting for sure

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Originally posted by chuck88

btw qoute from Carrie "tell DSG I shot so well cause of my "manly back muscles":hysterical:
she still hasnt got over that:stickfight: but she is shooting better every day, she almost broke 300 for this shoot.
I'm guessing that comment at "In the Sticks" about her arrow landing somewhere around Springfield din't help much either huh? :bangin:

It's all in fun. It's good to see you all doing this as a family. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
another Carrie quote ":rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:"
shes over it but still likes to brag about her "manly back muscles" on every good shot she makes:roll2:
I will say she is improving alot and likes to shoot, so I'd say next year we will be buying her a new bow. and I'm not waiting for the day her score tallies up better than mine:wink:

·
19,584 Posts
Originally posted by huntforfunnfood

i have ever shot one of THE 3d ranges but there scoring is kinda appealing to me as well if i remember correctely it 15-10-8 -5 and 0 i think i really like that -5 for just getting foam thing.
it would be interesting for sure
I attended my first THE 3-D shoot today, in Montrose, MO. I really liked the way they score.

I didn't shoot, but I kept score for MoBowman, MoBowman's grandson, BTH & wife, and Dan (Missouri Bowhunters Assoc. state champion).

And my 4x4 wheelchair got great reviews, on the course... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.