Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has most of the Crappie spawned already? I've caught 8 in one Pond, all were Eggless.
Caught 18 in another Pond, and only 2 were full of Egg's.

Went yesterday to a Pond, Caught 5 Crappie 9 - 11 1/2" 2 Goggleye, 1 big Bluegill, and 2 Bass... one was pretty nice. The Crapie, except for the one 9" one... was nice slab's. 2 of them were full of Egg's. That's the only 2 I caught all year that had Egg's in them. Alot of the Bluegill has had them though.

Wondering if those 2 I caught was maybe just an exception, and was late spawners. Water is still on the cool side. I caught 3 of the Crappie in one spot in 4 casts. As soon as it hit Boom! One even swallowed Hook and all. I figure they were on their Bed's... getting ready to spawn. :wave:

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10/4 on some of the Crappie's probably being Male's, I'm sure some were Female's that had spawned already though. :D

Now that I think of it, I caught 3 that had Egg's in them. But that lone one was like a month ago, and the recent 2 were just yesterday. They had bulging Bellies, and sorta bloody looking. I think they were about to drop em. It's been cool Night's down south here this Spring, with alot of cool Rains... So maybe these few yetserday are just late with the Wtaer being cool still.

·
Registered
481 Posts
its the tail end of it, if you can find some deep rocks about 8-10 feet deep, you might get lucky and hit the slabs that wait till later to spawn.

all the ones from Il were spawned out and on shallow points ambushing the young bluegill fry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.