Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Crappie reports

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Country 
#1 ·
Any body been fishing lately? Wonder if this warmer weather has the crappie bitting:pop: I talked to my barber on Saturday he said he and his wife went day after Christmas down to Loz and caught 71 crappies. Keep 11 of them (all the big ones) Never caught one smaller than 9 inches, biggest was 14 1/4 inch in 6-8 feet of water:thinking: Got me thinking do I go fishing over New Years or go doe hunting out in Kansas

#4 ·
Originally posted by Country
Dad and I fished at the loz on Sat 27th and caught 20 keepers 9-13 1/2" only got to fish about 2hrs before the weather moved in about 10a.m. caught a few others that were to small
Country were they on minows or jigs? And what deph? I'm thinking really hard bout going Wednesday myself

#5 ·
Mostly minnows, Dad did through a few jigs and caught some. We fished about 25' of water on one dock and about 15' on the other. The biggest fish came off the deep dock and the fish were just a couple feet off the bottom, but we did catch so fish as shallow as 5' or so. So they were pretty much catchable everywhere. Biggest at the bottom though

#6 ·
Originally posted by Country
Mostly minnows, Dad did through a few jigs and caught some. We fished about 25' of water on one dock and about 15' on the other. The biggest fish came off the deep dock and the fish were just a couple feet off the bottom, but we did catch so fish as shallow as 5' or so. So they were pretty much catchable everywhere. Biggest at the bottom though
Thank you country:cheers:

#7 ·
Originally posted by hillbilly
Any body been fishing lately? Wonder if this warmer weather has the crappie bitting:pop: I talked to my barber on Saturday he said he and his wife went day after Christmas down to Loz and caught 71 crappies. Keep 11 of them (all the big ones) Never caught one smaller than 9 inches, biggest was 14 1/4 inch in 6-8 feet of water:thinking: Got me thinking do I go fishing over New Years or go doe hunting out in Kansas
Happy New Year there Hillbilly!!:cheers:

Hey can't you do both- hunt in morning or fish and do the other later. Best of both worlds.

#8 ·
Originally posted by Skydogg67

Hey can't you do both- hunt in morning or fish and do the other later. Best of both worlds.
What's up "CUZ" How's the world treating you? Happy new year to you. If I go hunting I'll go to the n- laws out in Kansas, If I go fishing It will be at Loz. But thanks for asking and Happy New Year:cheers:

"HAVE A COUSIN ON ME":rof2::rock:

#10 ·
Originally posted by Skydogg67

What's up "CUZ" How's the world treating you? Happy new year to you. If I go hunting I'll go to the n- laws out in Kansas, If I go fishing It will be at Loz. But thanks for asking and Happy New Year:cheers:

"HAVE A COUSIN ON ME":rof2::rock:
World is treating me great! I think I would go hunting if in your shoes. I don't have my new cuosin permit yet and it is a big fine if the family warden catches you without the permit:rof2::rof2::rof2:

#14 ·
I tried that once but didn't have much luck with them so threw them in the lake:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Sorry couldn't stop my self sounds like the wether will be in your favor for Sat. Wish I didn't have a Christmas to go to I'd be there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.