Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
17,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body been fishing lately? Wonder if this warmer weather has the crappie bitting:pop: I talked to my barber on Saturday he said he and his wife went day after Christmas down to Loz and caught 71 crappies. Keep 11 of them (all the big ones) Never caught one smaller than 9 inches, biggest was 14 1/4 inch in 6-8 feet of water:thinking: Got me thinking do I go fishing over New Years or go doe hunting out in Kansas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,431 Posts
Dad and I fished at the loz on Sat 27th and caught 20 keepers 9-13 1/2" only got to fish about 2hrs before the weather moved in about 10a.m. caught a few others that were to small
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
17,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Country
Dad and I fished at the loz on Sat 27th and caught 20 keepers 9-13 1/2" only got to fish about 2hrs before the weather moved in about 10a.m. caught a few others that were to small
Country were they on minows or jigs? And what deph? I'm thinking really hard bout going Wednesday myself
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,431 Posts
Mostly minnows, Dad did through a few jigs and caught some. We fished about 25' of water on one dock and about 15' on the other. The biggest fish came off the deep dock and the fish were just a couple feet off the bottom, but we did catch so fish as shallow as 5' or so. So they were pretty much catchable everywhere. Biggest at the bottom though
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
17,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Country
Mostly minnows, Dad did through a few jigs and caught some. We fished about 25' of water on one dock and about 15' on the other. The biggest fish came off the deep dock and the fish were just a couple feet off the bottom, but we did catch so fish as shallow as 5' or so. So they were pretty much catchable everywhere. Biggest at the bottom though
Thank you country:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
Originally posted by hillbilly
Any body been fishing lately? Wonder if this warmer weather has the crappie bitting:pop: I talked to my barber on Saturday he said he and his wife went day after Christmas down to Loz and caught 71 crappies. Keep 11 of them (all the big ones) Never caught one smaller than 9 inches, biggest was 14 1/4 inch in 6-8 feet of water:thinking: Got me thinking do I go fishing over New Years or go doe hunting out in Kansas
Happy New Year there Hillbilly!!:cheers:

Hey can't you do both- hunt in morning or fish and do the other later. Best of both worlds.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
17,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Skydogg67
Originally posted by hillbilly
Any body been fishing lately? Wonder if this warmer weather has the crappie bitting:pop: I talked to my barber on Saturday he said he and his wife went day after Christmas down to Loz and caught 71 crappies. Keep 11 of them (all the big ones) Never caught one smaller than 9 inches, biggest was 14 1/4 inch in 6-8 feet of water:thinking: Got me thinking do I go fishing over New Years or go doe hunting out in Kansas
Happy New Year there Hillbilly!!:cheers:

Hey can't you do both- hunt in morning or fish and do the other later. Best of both worlds.
What's up "CUZ" How's the world treating you? Happy new year to you. If I go hunting I'll go to the n- laws out in Kansas, If I go fishing It will be at Loz. But thanks for asking and Happy New Year:cheers:

"HAVE A COUSIN ON ME":rof2::rock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
Country

I sure didn't hear my phone ringing that you were going fishing. Did you go to the same dock that we fished at earlier this year?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
Originally posted by hillbilly
Originally posted by Skydogg67
Originally posted by hillbilly
Any body been fishing lately? Wonder if this warmer weather has the crappie bitting:pop: I talked to my barber on Saturday he said he and his wife went day after Christmas down to Loz and caught 71 crappies. Keep 11 of them (all the big ones) Never caught one smaller than 9 inches, biggest was 14 1/4 inch in 6-8 feet of water:thinking: Got me thinking do I go fishing over New Years or go doe hunting out in Kansas
Happy New Year there Hillbilly!!:cheers:

Hey can't you do both- hunt in morning or fish and do the other later. Best of both worlds.
What's up "CUZ" How's the world treating you? Happy new year to you. If I go hunting I'll go to the n- laws out in Kansas, If I go fishing It will be at Loz. But thanks for asking and Happy New Year:cheers:

"HAVE A COUSIN ON ME":rof2::rock:
World is treating me great! I think I would go hunting if in your shoes. I don't have my new cuosin permit yet and it is a big fine if the family warden catches you without the permit:rof2::rof2::rof2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,431 Posts
Yeah same place, it was kinda last minute. I'll be sure to inform you the next time I slip down there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,431 Posts
Hey hillbilly did you make it to the lake on Wed? Do any good if ya did?
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
17,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Didn't make it:mad2: sorry, but I did build some craapie beds in my garage on Thursday:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,431 Posts
I tried that once but didn't have much luck with them so threw them in the lake:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Sorry couldn't stop my self sounds like the wether will be in your favor for Sat. Wish I didn't have a Christmas to go to I'd be there
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top