Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
70,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I just got back from Osage Bluff at Truman Lake with a few crappie. The fish weren't exactly jumping in the boat. We arrived on monday afternoon and left on thursday mid day. The fish were scattered all over and we really had to work for them. We caught most on jigs and a few on minnows. I think we only ended up with somewhere around 40 crappie and a couple of pound sized channel cats. We caught 5 walleye that were 14 3/4 inch in length and the length limit was 15 inches. Just our luck. I told the wife if the water was a little warmer they would have measure over 15 inches. :D I did happen to luck into a nice bass on a minnow. Pictures to follow.

·
5,632 Posts
Way to go Mailman!

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
:eek::eek:

·
Registered
70,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since I can't swim I always wear my jacket. I never take it off. When I was a kid when the family went to the lake I always fished and my two brothers went swimming. I was more interested in fishing than swimming so I never got in the water. If I got into the water it would scare the fish off. Never did learn how. I do water ski but never did learn to swim.

·
6,644 Posts
That's one heck of an anchor you got there Mailman. Congrats on getting to spend some time on the water. It is always worth it whether you catch anything or not. Wish I could have had a few more days out there.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
I'm HUNGARY!!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
70,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
She hates to have her picture taken. I forced her to have at least one just for the photo album. For the record she did catch more fish than I did....she has the female touch.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
looks like you all had a real good time.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Mailman I was about ta get on yor case for not having a pic of the wife with a fish. But I see you did finally post one.:D Nice catch and I'll bet it was a fun trip.

Jack:dancin:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.