CRAPPIE AT MARK TWAIN?

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by dustinbackes123, May 24, 2009.

1. dustinbackes123

dustinbackes123 New Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Anyone been to mark twain lake. how is the crappie fishing?

2. Modeerhunter

Modeerhunter New Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Gasconade County
    I'm heading up on wednesday to find out. :cheers:

3. Heart shot

Heart shot Active Member

Jul 19, 2008
    St. Louis
    Fished for about 4 hours on Saturday and did not catch a thing. They are dropping the lake fast right now and I think it has them all turned upside down. Not sure if they are done spawning yet or not.

4. hillbilly

hillbilly Senior Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    Check out Crappie.com go to state forums and go to Missouri and there are some reports on MTL:cheers:

5. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    I'll tell ya tomm, that is if they get in my throw net, send me a u2u with your number and I'll call ya tomm, least what I see, ain't chasing trash fish myself :D

6. hillbilly

hillbilly Senior Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    [rquote=1274746&tid=89195&author=fishshooter]I'll tell ya tomm, that is if they get in my throw net, send me a u2u with your number and I'll call ya tomm, least what I see, ain't chasing trash fish myself :D[/rquote]

You going tomorrow Fish (Tuesday)

7. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    I saw three boats fishing for them today....one boat was staying in each spot for a long time using slip bobbers, didn't look like they were catching. The other boat was using long poles and moving from tree to tree, they were catching a few...most of what I saw them catch were in the 9-10 inch range....didn't see any slabs. They said it was slow.

8. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    [rquote=1274750&tid=89195&author=hillbilly][rquote=1274746&tid=89195&author=fishshooter]I'll tell ya tomm, that is if they get in my throw net, send me a u2u with your number and I'll call ya tomm, least what I see, ain't chasing trash fish myself :D[/rquote]

You going tomorrow Fish (Tuesday)[/rquote]

Ya I figure on being there in time for lunch and in time to set out enough hooks to least snag one :thinking: