Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,448 Posts
[rquote=1508788&tid=105227&author=macon county boy]exactly what is it[/rquote]

Mike Carter has a shop in St Joe. They build string/cable sets and install them and tune your bow . And he is good

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
[rquote=1508788&tid=105227&author=macon county boy]exactly what is it[/rquote]
Yeah....what is a Crackerized Bow.:shrug:

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
[rquote=1508827&tid=105227&author=Mojorisin][rquote=1508788&tid=105227&author=macon county boy]exactly what is it[/rquote]
Yeah....what is a Crackerized Bow.:shrug:[/rquote]
What refuzetofalo says... carter in St. Joe will recable your bow and tune it properly to get max performance.
He's renowned for it on AT.

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
I'm gonna try to make it up there this winter sometime... I'm in desperate need.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
[rquote=1508832&tid=105227&author=rat][rquote=1508827&tid=105227&author=Mojorisin][rquote=1508788&tid=105227&author=macon county boy]exactly what is it[/rquote]
Yeah....what is a Crackerized Bow.:shrug:[/rquote]
What refuzetofalo says... carter in St. Joe will recable your bow and tune it properly to get max performance.
He's renowned for it on AT.[/rquote]
I see:eek::

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
[rquote=1508847&tid=105227&author=letemgrow]You are better off going up there...if you send it in, it may be months before he can get to it (02).

He is good at it that's for sure. :cheers:

[Edited on 12/13/2009 by letemgrow][/rquote]
I called him a couple years ago and he tode me the same thang.

I'll be up to visit the folks this winter sometime and hope to kill two birds with one stone.

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
[rquote=1509103&tid=105227&author=hun10]IMO, if you have a modern bow that at least gets over 300 fps. there is no need for it. Dead is dead.:cheers:[/rquote]
A few fps is just a bonus really.
After Crackers has it, its fairly well guaranteed to be tuned for YOU based on your choice of accessories.
He's one of the best. :cheers:

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,448 Posts
As Rat was sayin..... he is not adding speed to the bows he is just getting what's there out of them. I'm not a speed freak but when you tinker with bows the more "intune" they are the faster the arrow will spit out cause everything is working together

Mike can make it work together

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
[rquote=1509103&tid=105227&author=hun10]IMO, if you have a modern bow that at least gets over 300 fps. there is no need for it. Dead is dead.:cheers:[/rquote]

True, there is no need for it, but the "want" factor always plays in.

Kinda like your search for an AR. Do you really "need" it or just "want" it. :D

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Mike is actually a great friend of mine. I go ove there often and have had over 1/2 dozen bows done by him in the last 4 years alone.
I won't post exact speed gains cause, I can tell you my two Chronys I have at home do not read as fast as Mike's Chrony but, they are faster and better yet; tuned to shoot way better.
Mike finds the best efficiency settings for the hybrid or dual cam to make it "zing". :D
He is a lil back logged right now but, give him a call.
:cheers:
cartersarchery.com

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.