Coyotes with a shotgun

Discussion in '(MDC) All other hunting related questions......' started by squints1, Oct 29, 2010.

1. squints1

squints1 New Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Sikeston, MO
    I asked the Scott County game warden if it was legal to have the plug out of your shotgun when hunting coyotes. His response was, "I dont know what the regs are on that, but I personally wouldn't say anything to you if I checked you." That isn't exactly a confident answer to let me know I was legal so can you answer it with a definite answer? When hunting coyotes with a shotgun, is it required to be plugged?

2. MDC Deer

MDC Deer New Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Here is what 3 CSR 10-7.410 Hunting Methods
    (1) Wildlife may be hunted and taken only in accordance with the following:
    (G) Firearms. Firearms may be used to take wildlife (except beaver, mink, muskrat, river otter, turtles and fish) during the open seasons, with the following limitations: For hunting game birds (except the crow), pistols, revolvers and rifles may not be used. Except for hunting deer, any shotgun having a capacity of more than three (3) shells must have the magazine cut off or plugged with a device incapable of removal through the loading end, so as to reduce the capacity to not more than three (3) shells in magazine and chamber combined. Fully automatic firearms are prohibited.