Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Coyote??

822 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  TimberlandTaxidermy 
#1 ·
For all you taxidermists out there I shot a yote last night with my bow and was thinking about having it mounted. Is this time of year good to have one mounted in terms of their coat and all or would it be better once it is colder?

What does something like that run?

Wife is not happy that I'm even thinking about it. LOL!!

[file]144657[/file]

#2 ·
It really depends on the dog. I killed this dog last October, and it made a nice mount. She still would have had better fur in December. It's hard to tell much from your pic, but it's possible it could be nice. The end result will have as much to do with the taxidermist you choose as the animal you are having done.

[file]144660[/file]

#3 ·
to me each coyote is different this time of year some have good fur some don't.will they be better in later in the winter?it will be thicker.this is what i always look at. is how pretty is the coyote,distinctive markings,good tail,notched ear,scarred face,no rubs.it takes all those thing to make a good looking coyote.

#7 ·
I will take my good camera down and take a better pic of it next chance I get. He's frozen now. All I had last night was my cell phone. He has a pretty coat, I'm just not sure if he'll brush out good yet. All I have to reference is the way my Siberian's coat is this time of year.

#8 ·
the dogs coat all depends on the dog.you can get them in dec-jan that have horrable fur or get them in oct and there great.if your happy with it and want it mounted thats all that matters

#9 ·
[rquote=1872280&tid=130356&author=BILLYGOAT]the dogs coat all depends on the dog.you can get them in dec-jan that have horrable fur or get them in oct and there great.if your happy with it and want it mounted thats all that matters[/rquote]

I just don't know how well he'll brush out. He definitely needs a good brush thru.

#12 ·
[rquote=1872303&tid=130356&author=kc704][rquote=1872280&tid=130356&author=BILLYGOAT]the dogs coat all depends on the dog.you can get them in dec-jan that have horrable fur or get them in oct and there great.if your happy with it and want it mounted thats all that matters[/rquote]

I just don't know how well he'll brush out. He definitely needs a good brush thru. [/rquote]

they allways need a good brushing they are some nasty animals for sure

#13 ·
i dont remember off hand what i paid to have the one i posted done, but i believe it was around 5 hundy with the base.
you can get them cheaper sure, but the real workmanship on predators is in the eyes and face...and you can tell. look around at predator mounts, the majority of them have this look like someone is stabbing them up the rear with a hot poker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.