Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been watching trail cam photos of these what I thought were foxes for a while and then recently I got this set of pictures where they're chasing a deer and I noticed the size of them and I'm wondering if maybe they're actually coyotes nearly all of the pictures that I have of them are at night I only have one picture that is during the day and it is very blurry because the camera was wet what do y'all think?
Atmosphere Flash photography Organism Carnivore Tree
Automotive lighting Flash photography Plant Motorcycle Natural landscape
Flash photography Carnivore Midnight Automotive lighting Plant
Plant Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Sunlight Atmospheric phenomenon

· Registered
2,096 Posts
Picture #2 hard to tell but the black leg leads me to believe it's a fox. But most probably a coyote with a dirty leg judging by the size and tail (pointed toward camera)
Picture #3- definitely coyotes. I was always told coyotes don't play well with foxes and will kill and eat them when given the opportunity.

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,066 Posts
Pic 1 looks like a small deer, pic 2, 3, 4 look like yotes to me..... :wave1:

Pic 2 could be fox, but normally if I am getting pics of yotes, I am not getting pics of foxes....

· Quack
5,521 Posts
coywolf

· Addicted Habitat Junkie/Duck Whore
3,881 Posts
Pic 2 could be fox, but normally if I am getting pics of yotes, I am not getting pics of foxes....
My house must sit in the zone of canine diversity. :group:

Rarely is it more than a few days before I can say I saw a Labrador, a fox, and a coyote walk past the window all from the comfort of my recliner.

I know, I know - the experts say that's impossible!

The experts don't sit in my recliner! :D

· Former Chicken Man
20,474 Posts
They all look like Coyotes to me (except pic one of course).
In pics two and three, they're the same height. (Backs about even with the third leaf down on the plant beyond them).
The fourth pic also looks like Coyotes.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I cant believe that so many people dont know what a gaggle of labrador retrievers look like.

· Registered
21,443 Posts
I cant believe someone said pic 2 is a young deer
I can't believe that no one else agrees with me. I'm confident enough in my answer I'd bet on it. I'll send pics to Grant Woods and Jason Sumners. If they both agree, we have our answer. If not, we'll call it a push. Sound good? ;)

· Banned
81,617 Posts
The only thing I have ruled out for sure is aardvark. Thats only because they give me the creeps and I didnt have creeps when I looked at the pictures.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.