Coves or Creeks?

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by oneshot 1, Dec 9, 2017.

1. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Oh I do fish for Catfish if I want to drive but rather fish for Suckers by the house.
    oneshot

2. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    You know most the time by Truman Lake I fish the main Lake because it is close.

But if I fish Pomme de Terre Lake I fish the creek unless like last Spring and it was always out.

Niangua River I fish by the house with worms on the bottom for Suckers.

oneshot

Gakic24 likes this.

3. Steelman

Steelman Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Please clarify the "they told you not to rob a bee tree" and "after a few tubs of honey" they got mad. I would be mad too if I told you not to take any honey and you took a few tubs. Is this what happened?

4. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    They only knew about one Bee Tree, I never bothered it. but I always had Honey, they didn't know if I got it off that property or not.

Worse thing I had permission to hunt and my Mother in Law called Agent on me after I killed a Turkey while Bow Hunting.

oneshot

:D Way before the Big Grin.

5. Steelman

Dec 29, 2009
    So did you get the honey off of their property?

6. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Well yes but I asked if I could cut the trees first. I just didn't tell them there was Honey in the trees.

They also accused me of stealing Freezer, Washer and Dryer which I worked for and Tools I didn't have.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin is sweet enough.

7. Steelman

Dec 29, 2009
    If I told you to leave the honey alone and you took it anyway (even if it wasn't from the same tree) I would have kicked you out too.
    It would serve you well to be upfront with folks about your intentions. Honesty is the best policy, especially when it comes to hunting ground.

8. cy912

cy912 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    This time of year? or any time?

9. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Actually any time. But rethinking this time of year in the deeper water.

Got couple places on the river this time of year is good. One where a spring comes in and another below a riffle.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin can Dog paddle.

10. cy912

cy912 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    This time of year the cricks would have warmer water. And I'd fish the mouth of the crick where it flows into the lake. Good luck and catch a big'n.

11. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Seems to me this don't have a thing to do with where to fish and this was many years ago plus you have no idea the whole situation.

oneshot

:D He shouldn't have taken the Big Grin because she came from a druggie.

12. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Thanks this makes sense.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin likes fishing in water.

13. Steelman

Dec 29, 2009
    Seems to me you brought this up, I just commented that it seems it's your own fault you got the boot. Like I said if I told you not to take honey and you did anyway, you would get on my $hit-list right away.
    If I don't get the situation, then you didn't do a good job of describing it. Seemed pretty plain to me and you just didn't like my comment.

I would fish both the crick and the cove and see which one produces the best. Use worms or wax worms.

14. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    If you must they said many times they was going to let me have the property until I made many Improvements on it. Plus my Father in Law was having an affair my Mother in Law got mad because I wouldn't snitch on him.

Plus I was always put down because I didn't have the money my wifes Ex has.

I was told there were no Deer or Turkey on the place and was given permission to hunt but had the Law called on me after I started killing Legal Game.

oneshot

:D the Big Grin likes Honey.

15. Steelman

Dec 29, 2009
    Makes perfect sense now.o_O