cover scents

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by pikecountymonsters288, Oct 28, 2010.

1. pikecountymonsters288

pikecountymonsters288 New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Frankford, MO
    hey guuys im just wondering what kind of cover scent you guys use and if you have any reccomondations?:2thumbsup:

2. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    I do not believe you can cover your scent from a deer....:thinking:

Hunt the wind, and save your money....:shrug:

3. pikecountymonsters288

pikecountymonsters288 New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Frankford, MO
    ok thanks im just looking to try something new

4. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    Something real easy and cheap to do.

Cut you some of the green parts of a cedar branch, put in a blender with water and blend it up. Then strain the water into a spray bottle. You now have a bottle full of fresh cedar sent....

5. Hannibal Bowhunter

Hannibal Bowhunter Active Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Hannibal, MO
    I use cedar branches to store all of my hunting stuff. Works for me and it is free!

6. Jagermeister

Jagermeister Senior Hunter

[rquote=1867735&tid=130018&author=Hannibal Bowhunter]I use cedar branches to store all of my hunting stuff. Works for me and it is free![/rquote]

I do to. I break one off on my way to the stand and rub all over my clothing as I'm walking. Nothing better than all natural scent

7. Curtis

Curtis Active Member

Fox pee / cotton balls and pushing the leaves away from the ground with your boot.

8. deerhunter365

deerhunter365 Active Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Salisbury/Marceline
    i use coon pee pretty religiously when i am walking to my stand. i will also spray a little acorn cover scent when i get to the stand

9. Trad-hunter

Trad-hunter Active Member

Oct 22, 2007
    S W Mo.
    My own urine and fecal matter. :cheers:

10. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Really easy and Cheeeeaaaappppp! Smoke your clothes, deer aren't afraid of the smoke smell. Got a BBQ grill? Use wood and let er rip. And you can grill a burger when your clothes are done.:D

11. snick5

snick5 Member

Oct 28, 2010
    cover scent

I actually think the smoke really works. They smell campfires all the time where we hunt!

12. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Been doin' it for years, always kill deer. Best part, no company makes a dime off of me!