Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out for about an hour this AM. Able to drop two Black Belly Whistling Tree Ducks. Had two guys come into the cove I was setting up in and go about 30 yds from me and wouldn't move. :mad2:
Not worth a fight so I paddled to the next inlet over and cut off anything flying their way. Bfore my gun was loaded and 15 min before legal shooting time they were blasting at some tree ducks. Oh well those were the only shots they got after I was setup! :banana-man-yeah: Amazing how rude some people are.

[file]93324[/file] [file]93326[/file]

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
:eek::

·
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Real name...most call them tree ducks down here. I think they are in Texas too. Last year was my first year down in FL and we were told they are Fulvous whistling ducks, which you can only shoot one, later I learned the difference in their whistles and realized we can shoot 6 of the black bellies! You can the see whistling duck varieties on the this link:

http://www.ducks.org/hunting/waterfowlgallery.aspx

·
just one of the idiots talking on MWT, right Red?
9,151 Posts
please tell me you have to camo your kayak a little more than that to hunt ducks in Fla

·
just one of the idiots talking on MWT, right Red?
9,151 Posts
nice
been hunting flooded corn out of a layout boat for the first time this year
beats the heck out of the 1/4 mile walk through knee deep water carrying dekes & everything else

:kewlpics:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.