Couple of nice finds

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by Gamegetter, May 15, 2018 at 11:24 PM.

1. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Had a great morning last Saturday. Got up at 3:30 am to head to the farm and listen for gobblers. Got to hear a bit of gobbling and a raspy ole boss hen yelping. I sat down close to the roosted gobbler but he completely shut up after flying down and didn't see or hear him again. Escaped a close encounter (it came trotting by less than 6 ft. away as I was sitting in predawn light) with a skunk.

Watered some MDC trees I had planted, and did a bit of chainsaw TSI, removing a bunch of hickory, honey locust and cedars from planted trees. Stopped by the liquor store on the way home. It matched up with a previous nice find. Couple of nice finds 2018.png

beanpile, gurgalunas and jsr like this.
  2. EZRA

EZRA Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Was this in kansas, man that's a big buck

3. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    No chew marks??? Maybe the MDC needs to air drop a few greys on your place.

"General Taylor Never Surrenders"

4. Gamegetter

Jan 21, 2004
    No, Randolph County MO. I knew I was going to do some work at the farm and decided to go early enough to listen for gobblers in the morning and get an early start on my work.

EZRA likes this.
  5. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    heck of a find, hope he spread his genetics before he passed :cheers:

6. truehunter

truehunter Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
  7. Gamegetter

Jan 21, 2004
    I have a bunch of trail camera pics of him the past three years or so. I liked his rack enough to have TechTeacher make a bar mirror of it.

8. Trykon_Buck

Trykon_Buck Active Member

Sounds like a good productive day! You think this is him? :D

Attached Files:

9. Gamegetter

Jan 21, 2004
    Couple of nice finds 2018.png Sure a lot of similarities. But that upward sweeping main beam I haven't ever seen on him. Was that pic from 2017 Tony?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 10:40 PM