Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Im not very experienced in bow hunting, or any archery shooting. http://www.huntersfriend.com/bowselection.htm has been a lot of help understanding, but I would like the opinion of people that hunt in similar places to me. I've been to the local shop and talked to him and :blah: but I just want to know whats your :02: Anything you want to know just ask.
Thanks,

=*=ViperSniper=*=

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Being new to the sport get somthing with some brace height like 7 in and somthing at least 32 inches ata this will make shooting a lot easier for you anything else becomes hard to shoot unless you have shot before :D also shoot a couple different bows don't shoot one and then buy it.

[Edited on 12-4-2009 by MO Deer Slayer]

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
There are lots of bows that are ""good""

If you have a dealer close to you that is fair minded. Tell him your budget and he should hook you up with the best one he can for the money .

Most anything you buy will probably be ok ,Just make 110 percent sure that it fits you.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Hoyt has a bow for just about any shooting/hunting level and price point and is a company that has been around for a long time and will have customer service, parts, and and dealers long into the future that some of the bows the big box stores sell wont have/be able to provide service. If you ask someone at BP to help you get new limbs for a bow you bought 3 years ago chances are they wont know what to do. I know it sounds like a commercial but i have been shooting them for 15 years and have always been happy and believe in the product/company. Good luck.

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
[rquote=1497665&tid=104511&author=bowbender]There are lots of bows that are ""good""

If you have a dealer close to you that is fair minded. Tell him your budget and he should hook you up with the best one he can for the money .

Most anything you buy will probably be ok ,Just make 110 percent sure that it fits you.

[/rquote]

Probably about the best advise you will get right there......

Otherwise you will get hundreds of different opinions from people. Go to the Pro Shop, shoot what he has in your price range, form your own opinion.......then shoot a few the next step up........form your own opinion again. Only way your going to be content with your purchase.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
Isn't Danimal's shop up by you? He's a good dude! He could get you lined up with something. Letemgrow could get you set up with him.

Parker

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
go to Rogers in Liberty they will fit you and also look at the Mission line by Mathews, very affordable I like my X3

·
17,674 Posts
[rquote=1498142&tid=104511&author=STTH]go to Rogers in Liberty they will fit you and also look at the Mission line by Mathews, very affordable I like my X3[/rquote]

That would be a good one for you!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The best advice I can give is to go out and shoot as many different bows as you can. Friends, dealers, find an archery range and ask guys to try their bows, etc. Take some notes on what felt good to you and what characteristics you liked and you will be able to narrow down your tastes. You will be amazed at how different all the different styles feel.

I myself shoot an 06 Diamond Liberty, that bow isn't the fastest out there but as light, quiet and smooth drawing as it is I have had no reason to look for anything different yet.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
[rquote=1498227&tid=104511&author=Squatch]The best advice I can give is to go out and shoot as many different bows as you can. Friends, dealers, find an archery range and ask guys to try their bows, etc. Take some notes on what felt good to you and what characteristics you liked and you will be able to narrow down your tastes. You will be amazed at how different all the different styles feel.

I myself shoot an 06 Diamond Liberty, that bow isn't the fastest out there but as light, quiet and smooth drawing as it is I have had no reason to look for anything different yet.[/rquote]

I agree . Pick the bow that fits you and your budget.There are so many choices in bows . The best bow is the one that feels and shoots right in the hands of each person. Individual preferences may vary .

[Edited on 12-4-2009 by Radar]

·
Registered
624 Posts
been some good advice given...I might add, unless money`s no object ... look at a used bow. You can get a top of the line used bow for a few hundred less than a new one costs and by all means get a parallel limb bow. they are awesome and I think just about all the companies make them so name brand won`t come into play as much as what your budget allows you to spend will. There is one company that offers a life time warranty on their bows that goes with the bow no matter if you bought it new or not. If you are interested in who just pm me and I would be happy to tell ya what it is. best advice I can give is go parallel limb, find one ya like and be happy...they all will kill a deer with practice.:2thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[rquote=1498108&tid=104511&author=Parker]Isn't Danimal's shop up by you? He's a good dude! He could get you lined up with something. Letemgrow could get you set up with him.

Parker[/rquote]'

Kenny Martin is Hilltop Archery in Mercer. I dont know who Danimal is though.

=*=ViperSniper=*=

·
Registered
18,570 Posts
[rquote=1499083&tid=104511&author=Viper Sniper][rquote=1498108&tid=104511&author=Parker]Isn't Danimal's shop up by you? He's a good dude! He could get you lined up with something. Letemgrow could get you set up with him.

Parker[/rquote]'

=*=ViperSniper=*=[/rquote]

That's Kenny's boy, Dan. I can give you their phone # and such if you wanna go talk to them and shoot some bows and see what you like. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[rquote=1505989&tid=104511&author=letemgrow][rquote=1499083&tid=104511&author=Viper Sniper][rquote=1498108&tid=104511&author=Parker]Isn't Danimal's shop up by you? He's a good dude! He could get you lined up with something. Letemgrow could get you set up with him.

Parker[/rquote]'

=*=ViperSniper=*=[/rquote]

That's Kenny's boy, Dan. I can give you their phone # and such if you wanna go talk to them and shoot some bows and see what you like. :cheers:[/rquote]

Thats alright thanks though :cheers:
We've already met with them.

=*=ViperSniper=*=

·
Registered
32,439 Posts
I would serious look into a Bear bow. They are excellent bows and the price tag is pretty reasonable on them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts