Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21,191 Posts
Still WAY to green here to start! But none the less everyone ya talk to is only talking about 65 bus to the acre! The corn does not look bad but if you get out in it there is a lot of corn with no ears at all on it.

I have heard that just south of Moberly they are harvesting a bit.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
No way ! Sileage maybe? Ours is still over a month at least away. we've just now got beans turning.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Originally posted by hunter7x
No way ! Sileage maybe? Ours is still over a month at least away. we've just now got beans turning.
You all backwards over there. :bangin:
We shell corn before we cut beans for the most part!

Like many have said, W and SW part of the state is in full force and Central MO is just getting started. Yields are all over the place honestly. In SW MO, it is really sad. Most everything else I am hearing is right around 100 but I have heard of some averaging close to 175 already too. Gonna be real spotty for sure.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
as of yesterday 9 percent of the total acres in missouri have been harvested

some areas are ALOT further and others haven't started

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
i think bad yeilds in marshell are still like 100-125 bu corn :D

no mike talked of some south in the county they had some that was like 65-70 unreal for that country

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, down here in MS , they are wide open cutting corn everywhere...it has been the driest summer I can ever remember here. Some beans are already turning and most are still green.

·
Registered
21,191 Posts
Originally posted by MUHunter
Originally posted by hunter7x
You all backwards over there. :bangin:
We shell corn before we cut beans for the most part!

Like many have said, W and SW part of the state is in full force and Central MO is just getting started. Yields are all over the place honestly. In SW MO, it is really sad. Most everything else I am hearing is right around 100 but I have heard of some averaging close to 175 already too. Gonna be real spotty for sure.
No they are not backwards! The corn will come out first. Just that the leaves are starting to die. The harvest in IN runs about a month behind what we do here in MO. They had a really really wet spring and there was a lot more beans planted due to that.

·
Registered
777 Posts
One good thing about it here in MO, dont' think your gonna have to worry about it much drying cost this year as dry as it is coming out of the field and its still REAL early. I'm guessing making less than 100 bu/A is gonna really be the kick in the butt.....as you said that ain't gonna pay the bills to put in the ground.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.