Corn harvest update

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by huntforfunnfood, Oct 26, 2010.

1. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    state wide corn harvest is at 90 percent complete, 40 days ahead of last year and 25 days ahead of the normal pace.

bean harvest is at 79 percent complete a gain of 21 percent over the past week. this is 21 days head of last year and 14 days ahead of normal pace.

2. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    That means the farmers will have plenty of time to get out there and turn under all the crop residue for the winter...poor deer.

3. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    Indiana @ 96% of corn harvested..... and the whole 280 acres I hunt has still not seen a combine this year. :whinging:

4. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    [rquote=1863679&tid=129769&author=MellerAM]That means the farmers will have plenty of time to get out there and turn under all the crop residue for the winter...poor deer.[/rquote]
    I'm not lookin' forward to that either.

5. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    I won't mind if the ground is tore up. That should just draw the deer over to our food plots even better.

6. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

How far along is the bean harvest?? I can't get to a couple stands yet....lol!!!!:D:wave:

7. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    [rquote=1863699&tid=129769&author=seth_turner_04]I won't mind if the ground is tore up. That should just draw the deer over to our food plots even better.[/rquote]

Yea...there is that advantage.

8. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    [rquote=1863711&tid=129769&author=FiremanBrad]How far along is the bean harvest?? I can't get to a couple stands yet....lol!!!!:D:wave:[/rquote]

read the second sentance old man you sleep deprived or something LOL 79 percent complete

9. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Holy carp... I stepped in that one lol!!!!

10. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

[rquote=1863736&tid=129769&author=huntforfunnfood][rquote=1863711&tid=129769&author=FiremanBrad]How far along is the bean harvest?? I can't get to a couple stands yet....lol!!!!:D:wave:[/rquote]

read the second sentance old man you sleep deprived or something LOL 79 percent complete[/rquote]
    He's not getting any sleep with twin boys in the house.:D

11. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    This is the earliest I've EVER seen the crops gone in the creek bottoms west of our place. I'm expecting the best deer season in years for my extended family that hunt there.