Coon Problems

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Hannibal, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    if anyone out there would like to trap some live coons to train their dogs, come and get em. the durn things are into the bird feeders every night, they even get the humming bird feeders and drink the sugar water......wouldnt be to hard to trap. i'm in the willard area SW missouri ......please help if ya can,,,,,,i really dont want to shoot em.

2. scifi_sparty

scifi_sparty New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Ozark,MO
    hmmmmm...........now that i read your post, i understand where the sugar water from my hummingbird feeder is ending up. I wasn't sure what the heck would climb up there and tilt it to drink the water.

i put out a trap with cookies, so hopefully that will get em, good luck with yours.

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Wanted: Coon problems

:D

Until I read it, man i was thinkin you wanted some coons :claphands:

4. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    They ain't hard to trap but be sure they take em a long ways away Hannibal, not sure if you've seen em but may be a sow with kits too, may not get the whole family in a trap, just a thought. May try and catch em in the act so you know exactly what you're dealing with

You get kit's in the trap you'll have trouble cause soon as they squall momma is gonna appear, and ain't many things I mind facing, but a she coon defending her young is an unpleasant problem in a lot of ways :whiteflag:

5. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    Where you located?

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    yup we catch em everynight, there is three, a moma and two smaller ones. the other night there was a big ol bore. maybe more......as i said i really dont want to kill em.....if someone was trainin a coon dog they could get em and turn em out for the dogs to run.

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    down by willard just outside springfield a bit.

8. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    [rquote=1286929&tid=89995&author=Mr_Hannibal]yup we catch em everynight, there is three, a moma and two smaller ones. the other night there was a big ol bore. maybe more......as i said i really dont want to kill em.....if someone was trainin a coon dog they could get em and turn em out for the dogs to run.[/rquote]

:2thumbsup: sounds like you got it covered, just hope ya get momma first

9. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    That may be a little far for him to go, but I'll tell him.He's allways working some pups.

10. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

shoot, skin, gut, crockpot:cheers:

11. beardsNspurs78

beardsNspurs78 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2008
    Philly, MO
    Now how come I cant ever find an offer like that up here in NEMO. I've trapped 4 in 2 nights. They're thick as fleas this time of year. The kittens are comin out....and they're hungry to boot. Wish I could help

12. htredneck

htredneck Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    [rquote=1287117&tid=89995&author=fireman_3311]shoot, skin, gut, crockpot:cheers:[/rquote]

You forgot BBQ sauce...

13. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    ya i have eatin a few younguns in the past, they are purty good, usually put em in the crock then finished em on the grill. i just thought there would be some coon hunters interested......sorry beards......didnt know you ran dogs......your a bit to far north to get em to ya.

14. Joeyman

Joeyman Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    [rquote=1287124&tid=89995&author=beardsNspurs78]Now how come I cant ever find an offer like that up here in NEMO. I've trapped 4 in 2 nights. They're thick as fleas this time of year. The kittens are comin out....and they're hungry to boot. Wish I could help[/rquote]

i was just bout to suggest you for the job. Didn't know you lived way up in NEMO

15. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    maybe i could get joeymans beagles to run em out of the county...:D

16. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

[rquote=1287128&tid=89995&author=htredneck][rquote=1287117&tid=89995&author=fireman_3311]shoot, skin, gut, crockpot:cheers:[/rquote]

You forgot BBQ sauce...[/rquote]

lather, rinse, repeat!!!:rock:

17. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    I know a guy in Morrisville that may be interested. I think he has some new hounds that he is training.

I'll check with him tonight.

18. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    morrisville is just up the road a bit. hope he wants em, see if he has any traps, gotta have traps......thanks bigjake...:claphands:

19. Joeyman

Joeyman Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    [rquote=1287140&tid=89995&author=Mr_Hannibal]maybe i could get joeymans beagles to run em out of the county...:D[/rquote]

hey now I have no trash runners in my pack. rabbits rabbits rabbits and rabbits is all they know to run.

maybe greenheadsmokers613 little odie can run them out of there..........:stirpot: