Cool Dairy Farm video

Discussion in 'You Tube Videos' started by 90acres, Jun 5, 2009.

1. 90acres

90acres The good ole days

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJRy82i8e5Q&feature=email

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JJRy82i8e5Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JJRy82i8e5Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

2. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    :cheers::cheers: good video says this old farm boy...........

3. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Wow! That is some operation!

4. 90acres

90acres The good ole days

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    That's a pretty neat rottiserie aint it?

5. deadeye5

deadeye5 Active Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Kcmo
    thats pretty awesome

6. o2hunt

o2hunt New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Springfield
    Very neat, but also a sad reminder that the small family dairy farm is a dinosaur at this point.:02: At least this mega-farm is giving back a little by giving folks a peek at milk & cattle production. Sure beats milking by hand!!!

7. fish

fish I love work. I can watch it all day.

Squeezed alot of Holsteins teats when I was growing up. Them cows don't take a vacation either24/7/365 they were there at 430 AM and 430PM January or July. Glad somebody else is doing it now:cheers:

8. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Well the most I ever milked was 250 twice a day.

Nice clean,money making farm.But I'm also thinking High Stress on the cows.Reminds me of the comercial saying Happy Cows are in California,they are milked to the Max and have a shorter life that alot of Cows,not very Happy at all.

oneshot
    :D the Big Grin wants to be a Cow Big Grin.

9. fish

fish I love work. I can watch it all day.

Oneshot - About 115 was all we had and most were mechanically milked but nursing cows were milked by hand for their calves(my job). Don't know how the small farms did it but back then there was no choice

10. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    [rquote=1299812&tid=90068&author=fish]Oneshot - About 115 was all we had and most were mechanically milked but nursing cows were milked by hand for their calves(my job). Don't know how the small farms did it but back then there was no choice[/rquote]

I was milking the 250 Head for a Guy by Springfield.Back then got $50 a week and Trailer and Utilities.This was from 4AM to 9PM at night,7 days a week.

I should add this was normal pay back then.I worked for a Guy by Willard for $10 a day,place to stay.But I did work for one Guy for $1 an hour,place to stay but he didn't pay utilities.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin don't get that much.