Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
261 - 277 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
9,644 Posts
Probably not Pat. You're a good head taller than me and though I've taken off 30 lbs. since spring it's still not easy to get into. That was one of the main complaints when the "A" came out in '55, entry and exit were....cramped. Perhaps to your surprise you'd fit in the "B", the baby poop yellow/harvest gold one. We had a young man from South Africa stay with us for a Christ in Youth thing and he was a good 6'5" He fit in the "B" fairly comfortably....'course he was 18 and a lot more limber than you or I. He could get in my old Solstice but his knees hit the dash, he couldn't straighten out his legs. The TF won't allow for very big feet or shoes if you're driving. Small footwell and the pedals are close together. The grayish/black Morris is roomy........in the front seats. I call it my "little old man car." Joyce says I qualify....:D

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
69,825 Posts
Probably not Pat. You're a good head taller than me and though I've taken off 30 lbs. since spring it's still not easy to get into. That was one of the main complaints when the "A" came out in '55, entry and exit were....cramped. Perhaps to your surprise you'd fit in the "B", the baby poop yellow/harvest gold one. We had a young man from South Africa stay with us for a Christ in Youth thing and he was a good 6'5" He fit in the "B" fairly comfortably....'course he was 18 and a lot more limber than you or I. He could get in my old Solstice but his knees hit the dash, he couldn't straighten out his legs. The TF won't allow for very big feet or shoes if you're driving. Small footwell and the pedals are close together. The grayish/black Morris is roomy........in the front seats. I call it my "little old man car." Joyce says I qualify....:D
Ya, a friend of mine had one like the gold one, or at least close. Think it was a 1976 car... We and our golf clubs could both get into it, as long as the top was down, and it always was. I did have to go pick him up on several occasions as that thing liked to break down about 30% of the time he drove it, or at least it felt like that. He finally ditched it for a Tbird.

·
Under appreciated
88,056 Posts
Is that second picture taken in Ownsville?

·
Registered
135 Posts
The cars at my nephews place in Ohio. Never brought it to Missouri.
I drive it when I go back to visit,

·
4,670 Posts
A098198A-8D39-48D3-8A07-F7FB23326455.jpeg
My uncle from Aurora IL had a 39 Ford business coupe. He had went through it from ground up. It had a 327 corvette motor in it And Muncie 4 speed Car weighed about 1800-2000 lbs. it would flat out run.
Looked a lot
Like this one.

·
13,611 Posts
Not sure it qualifies as a cool car, but did pick this up last October. Sunny day car. Wife and I have always loved doing weekend road trips to see local countryside. Wanted something that was fun to drive, but not too spendy maintenance wise like the SL500 was.... It's a 2009 Audi A4, only had 53k miles in decent shape... View attachment 191899
brother in-law bought a silver one just like this for his retirement present. Loved it, puts lots of miles on it traveling around the country. Now he has some big ole Lexus Hybrid car. He has always been a big luxury car guy, wife drives the SUV

·
Registered
9,644 Posts
That is something! @sharps4590 should enjoy a gander at that one.
Uhhhhh....yeah!! I'd trade 3 of my 4 for that Merc....except for the color. I like red but not on a 190, if that's what that is.

I just watched a show about BRM. It included Lotus and McClaren F-1's also. I really like those F-1 cars from the late 50's through the late 60's but jeezo pete, they were death traps.

Reactions: 421sd

·
Part-time malcontent
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
Uhhhhh....yeah!! I'd trade 3 of my 4 for that Merc....except for the color. I like red but not on a 190, if that's what that is.

I just watched a show about BRM. It included Lotus and McClaren F-1's also. I really like those F-1 cars from the late 50's through the late 60's but jeezo pete, they were death traps.
Yeah, prior to the late 70s and 80s when they actually started thinking about how a driver might actually survive a crash, life expectancy was not high for F1, Indy/USAC or NASCAR. F1 was particularly horrible.

·
Registered
9,644 Posts
There's a few....shops(?)....in STL that sell some cool, vintage goodies but you have to look for them. I bought my MG-TF from It's Alive Auto. There's Daniel Schmitt, I think that's right, and MotoeXotica.

Reactions: Dafish
261 - 277 of 277 Posts