Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 277 Posts

·
Part-time malcontent
7,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In response to callihan's kid loving the car pics......

I didn't know where to put this but here it is. I'm posting my own personal photos here — none of mine will be web-grabs. Post your cool cars if you like.

Installment 1: Badlander mentioned a 68 Pontiac, so here's one of the coolest ones I know of. The gentleman standing next to the car is the only owner, he bought it new. His name is Jon. He ordered it new with a 428 and a 4-speed. He's since added Tri-Power to the engine (triple 2-barrels) as it was not available in 1968. Not visible in the pics, the car also has a factory hood tach. I'm not dead positive, but he may have added the 8-lug wheels as well. He spends his retirement rebuilding Tri-Power setups for other Pontiac owners. The photos are from two different shows, thus the different surroundings.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,532 Posts
I see the 4 on the floor, but is there a 5th in the pic-a-nic basket?:D

Neat car and I bet it will haul! If you can maintain traction that is:eek:

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Coolest car I owned I guess. 85 lx t top 5.0 car. Special ordered with posi 8.8 rear and fully loaded. 1 of a couple hundred made. rebuilt it from the ground up.
got rid of it, you can find it in craigslist from time to time...all hacked up and butchered now.

·
Part-time malcontent
7,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
awesome thanks for sharing
My pleasure, just check with your son every once in while, I like it when kids get interested in hunting, fishing and old cars.

·
Under appreciated
88,271 Posts
Wow... that second and third picture is like looking up Yasmine Bleeths skirt. :D

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
Nice looking Pontiac Ventura there 421SD.....it definetly has the Rare 8-lug wheels from what I can tell. :bowing:

Not for sure but it looks like it has a 1969 front bumper on it,unless the Full Size Pontiacs kept it for 1968-69 Models?

There's a Cruise-In every 1st of the Month held in Perryville Mo.,You should come up here some time and visit! Hint hint ;)

Have I posted a pic of my '69 LeMans Convertible....? Bucket Seats,console w/automatic 350-2bbl dual exhaust,rear sway bar,British Racing Green with Green interior!

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Coolest car I owned I guess. 85 lx t top 5.0 car. Special ordered with posi 8.8 rear and fully loaded. 1 of a couple hundred made. rebuilt it from the ground up.
got rid of it, you can find it in craigslist from time to time...all hacked up and butchered now.
I like the pre 87 more (4 eyes) than the halogen/front fascia change of the more popular fox's.

They rock either way though. Not biased as long as one of the big 3.:D
Nice!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nice looking Pontiac Ventura there 421SD.....it definetly has the Rare 8-lug wheels from what I can tell. :bowing:

Not for sure but it looks like it has a 1969 front bumper on it,unless the Full Size Pontiacs kept it for 1968-69 Models?

There's a Cruise-In every 1st of the Month held in Perryville Mo.,You should come up here some time and visit! Hint hint ;)

Have I posted a pic of my '69 LeMans Convertible....? Bucket Seats,console w/automatic 350-2bbl dual exhaust,rear sway bar,British Racing Green with Green interior!
What do you think of the suttle/aussie made 04-06 gto? I think they are freaking awesome. :D

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
The Austrailian Manaro based GTO is nice....just not a Head Turner like the Old School 1964 to 1974 GTO's in my opinion! ;)

Attachments

·
Part-time malcontent
7,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Installment 2:

This is a RARE one here. Most of you have never heard of this one much less seen one. This 69 GTO is the test mule for the Ram Air V engine program. The car had the engine installed and tuned at Royal Pontiac. The Ram RA V engine was never installed by the factory but was available through Pontiac parts department as a crate motor or in parts. Superficially it looked like other Pontiac engines, but in reality it was almost totally different. The details are too many to list here but it was basically a modular race engine that was intended to be produced in 303, 366, 400 and 428 cubic versions. They were intended to be used in Trans Am (303), NASCAR (366) and drag racing (400/428). The car here has a 400-inch version, and it was reported to have produce in excess of 500 horsepower. These engines are very cantankerous in street driving as the ports are huge and the cam is long-duration. The engine works best at 4,000-7,000 rpm. I just missed getting a ride in this car at this show and I was really disappointed. I did get to listen to it and it sounded incredible. A couple of years later I got to ride in another 69 GTO with a RA V, and I'll show it to you next time.

This is not my video, but it is this car, just so you can hear how awesome it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Installment 2:

This is a RARE one here. Most of you have never heard of this one much less seen one. This 69 GTO is the test mule for the Ram Air V engine program. The car had the engine installed and tuned at Royal Pontiac. The Ram RA V engine was never installed by the factory but was available through Pontiac parts department as a crate motor or in parts. Superficially it looked like other Pontiac engines, but in reality it was almost totally different. The details are too many to list here but it was basically a modular race engine that was intended to be produced in 303, 366, 400 and 428 cubic versions. They were intended to be used in Trans Am (303), NASCAR (366) and drag racing (400/428). The car here has a 400-inch version, and it was reported to have produce in excess of 500 horsepower. These engines are very cantankerous in street driving as the ports are huge and the cam is long-duration. The engine works best at 4,000-7,000 rpm. I just missed getting a ride in this car at this show and I was really disappointed. I did get to listen to it and it sounded incredible. The youtube video is of another RA V just so you can hear one. A couple of years later I got to ride in another 69 GTO with a RA V, and I'll show it to you next time.

This is not my video, but it is this car, just so you can hear how awesome it is.

I see the headers now, ha. I see you mention a specific type cam. Sometimes these test mules or preproduction would be a bit different than what was available later to general public, but you know that. Thank's for sharing that rare car!:eek::

1 - 20 of 277 Posts