Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm trying to cut back on my Fats.So alot of my fish I have been Baking.But I have found some fish just don't taste very well.

Ok any ideas,or if frying should I be concerned,thinking maybe they won't absorb enogh Fat to worry about?

Any ideas guys,serious on this.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin Loves Fish and Chips.

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
what kind of fish doesnt taste good?

G

·
My 2 favorites

spray fillets with butter flavored spray then roll in a mix of crackercrumbs, italian spice mix and parmesean cheese.(twice as much cracker crumbs as cheese and a seasoning to taste) bake until done 20 min+_ depending on fish size

#2 spray pan, bake salted filets until done cover filets in favorite salsa and the cover salsa with monserella cheese bake until cheese start to color

G

·
"GRILLED FISH IS GOOD TOO"

With caigun seasoning onions and peppers. sliced zuc's or squash on the side with some lemon juice

·
Grrrrrrr
29,886 Posts
Sorry oneshot...fried food is fried food as far as I know.....unless olive oil would be healthier but ya need to ask your doc.

Have you tried putting it on the charcoal grill for a change in flavor? I use a piece of foil to keep it from falling thru unless it has skin on it. Try some cajun pepper..without salt...or some lemon pepper and grill until it's flaky. If ya have it on skin you can just use a fork to seperate the meat from the skin when its done.

·
PURE KILLER
37,998 Posts
Originally posted by CodeRed
grilled fish is good too
you betcha gonna grill me some flounder,scallops tonight but i am frying the shrimp and hush puppies

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Try adding lemon pepper spice on yer baked fish, it works for me

·
King of Callaway
42,631 Posts
I had a buddy that "smoked" some buffalo and it was awesome

Not sure how much it was smoked but he put it on the grill with some hickry wood and doused it with lemon and sprinkled it with lemon pepper :wave:

·
Registered
21,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well been baking Trout.Then tried Goggle Eye,not so good.Thinking its the Oil in the fish.

Trying watch I should say the Fats and Calories.I'm thinking Fish is good,easy to come by,just wanting it to taste good.I can eat Trout all the time but my wife says once a week is enough.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin likes it raw.

·
King of Callaway
42,631 Posts
if they are the park trout I think they taste like fish food :whiteflag:

·
Under appreciated
88,216 Posts
Originally posted by fishshooter
No doubt... I have had it ok though and I always either bake trouts or foilem on the grill with goodies inside.

We used to fry the heck outta goggleye...always real good.

Just fry it in canola oil and dont worry oneshot. :cheers:

·
Registered
21,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by rat
Originally posted by fishshooter
No doubt... I have had it ok though and I always either bake trouts or foilem on the grill with goodies inside.

We used to fry the heck outta goggleye...always real good.

Just fry it in canola oil and dont worry oneshot. :cheers:
Well the Trout are out of the river.

Been using canola oil for years.Used Lard lets just say Bad Very Bad!

oneshot
:D the Big Grin uses **** renderings.

·
Registered
14,245 Posts
Go get ya some salmon and try this recipe. I get aluminum pans at WallyWorld with holes in the bottom and use it on the grill. When the salmon is done remove the skin and also the dark gray layer which is nothing but fat and fishy flavored.

Grilled Maple-Dijon Salmon

4 (4 oz.) Salmon Fillets or one 16 oz. Fillet (skin on)
1/4 cup maple flavored syrup or pancake syrup
2 TBSP Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
1 TSP Minced Garlic
1/4 TSP Ground Ginger
1/8 TSP Ground Cayenne Pepper
1 TBSP Olive Oil

Combine syrup, mustard, garlic, ginger, and pepper. Refrigerate several hours to allow flavors to blend.

Brush salmon with oil and place on a medium-high heat grill

Grill approximately 4 minutes per side or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Brush frequently while cooking with the syrup mixture.

·
Registered
21,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't think there is any Salmon in the river :confused: Sounds good for Buffalo though.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin wants Drum.

·
Registered
21,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Modeerhunter
Sorry Oneshot, all of my fish recipes call for high fat, high calories, and high flavor. :2thumbsup:
Yea I know.I've lost 40 pounds and I'm feeling better.But Dang!

oneshot
:D The Big Grin helps him by calling him Pig,Old Fat Butt things like that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts