Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never done this before, but i'm going on a controlled shoot with a couple of friends two sundays from now. They bought a new dog and want to work him over birds before hunting him. We get our choice of 9 quail, 5 chuckers, or 4 pheasants each. There are 3 of us, not sure what we are going to get.
I'm excited to give the new stock on my shotgun a try!!

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
Next thing you know, you'll be deer hunting behind a fence. ;)
:rotfl: I figured that was coming! I actually wasn't overly thrilled about this whole idea, but I need to get out and do some shooting with the new gun and I figured the real thing was better than paying for clays. Hope this dog works good...if so I'm going to be excited about bird season!

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
cudos to you, you called it what it is, a controlled shoot. i go on one every year with a taxidermy buddy of mine and we both know what it is, far from hunting, we just don't tell the dogs that.:dancin: can't really justify hunting quail in my area anymore with the numbers we don't have.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
No matter what you call it, it's a great way to get a young pup into some birds so he knows what it's all about. Good luck.

·
PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
man ,i feel so ashamed for you hoyt,but at least the dogs won't know it.i hope:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.