Congrats to All the Youths who went...

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by hunter7x, Apr 10, 2006.

1. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    :cheers::cheers::cheers:

I agree.......on both parts

2. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    I talked with a youngster yesterday evening. He didn't get a bird this weekend, but sure was excited he got to go. Told me he saw a great show, but the bird just wouldn't come in close enough. Also said he is heading back out during the regular season. I think he could tell I was getting excited when he was telling me about the big bird strutting & gobbeling about 50 yards in front of him.

3. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    I also add my Congratulatons to all the kids and the adults who got them there. I know many a special memory was made this weekend.:cheers::cheers::cheers: And no one can take those away.:wave:

Jack

4. Thanks CP, and my congrat's goes out to everyone as well :cheers:.

I've still never been turkey hunting myself but have still managed to get my boys out the last two youth season's thanks to Wingman's help. However after finally getting to watch struttin' and drummin' tom's and listenin' to em gobble all around us yesterday my blood got to pumpin' and think I may be catchin' the bug to try and get and get one, but not before Alex get's his tag filled. I think it's killin' him, but it doesn't help with Jamie rubbin' it in ;).

Although every hunt with friends, family, and some by myself are all memorable it's the one's with the boy's that seem to mean the most, and when I'm able to get dad to go with us then it's the icing on the cake.

5. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    if someone hasn't taken a child out then they have no idea what they are missing. i would rather see a child out hunting and getting a chance at a bird than myself. nothing like seeing the light in the eyes and the smile beaming from the face. even if they aren't your own kids you are still reaping the rewards.

just don't let all three of them ride with you in the same truck while their dads follow behind laughing at the idiot who agreed to take all the kids with him.:banghead::banghead::banghead::D

6. DanF

DanF Active Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Cass Co.
    no pics, but plenty of memories...

We tried hard but they birds just wouldn't cooperate...Saturday morning we had them within 50 yards but never saw them...we moved closer to them Sunday and saw them at 30 feet but the boy never felt like he had a clear shot...turns out that there was an old barbwire fence that was holding them up and keeping them from coming closer to the decs...barbwire fence was removed Sunday afternoon...I was proud of my 11 year old for not forcing a shot...he was pumped watching the big boy (8 inch plus beard) strutting around for 10 minutes or so, woulda been easy to get excited and force a shot, but he did the right thing...

now, he is at the doctors cause he is covered with poison ivy...

7. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    :cheers::cheers::cheers: Hope I can rent a young one to take hunting next time.