Conceal and Carry License (How to?)

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by superball1121, May 27, 2009.

1. superball1121

superball1121 New Member

Mar 20, 2007
    O\'Fallon
    Is it tru that you don't have to pass a background check to buy a handgun in Missouri anymore?

Can someone fill me in on how to get a conceal and cary license in Missouri.

Wat all is involved. What do they look for?

2. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

Yes you do have to pass a background check to purchase a handgun, just like you do any other shotgun, rifle etc...

Remember, it is illegal for felons to have firearms, or anyone on parole etc.. Hence the reason for the NICS background check...

Im pretty sure part of the $100 fee for the class is for the Highway Patrol to run your record for a background check...

hope this helps.

3. superball1121

superball1121 New Member

Mar 20, 2007
    O\'Fallon
    Class for conceal and carry is $100?

So no other check for handgun - it's the same as shotgun or rifle?

4. Gakic24

[rquote=1276333&tid=89334&author=superball1121]Class for conceal and carry is $100?

So no other check for handgun - it's the same as shotgun or rifle?[/rquote]

what are you askin?

5. superball1121

superball1121 New Member

Mar 20, 2007
    O\'Fallon
    First I want to buy a handgun (never been arrested) clean record.

Second I want a conceal and carry, just not sure what's involved in getting it or how much.

6. buckwacker181

buckwacker181 # of bans record holder

Oct 9, 2006
    Catawussy
    You do have to pass a background check to to buy any firearm in Missouri. It's about 5 minutes of paper work and about a 2 minute telephone call from the place you are buying the gun. The only thing that changed is that there is no longer a waiting period. You used to have to have to go to the sheriffs office to get a permit to aquire a handgun.

7. Gakic24

[rquote=1276336&tid=89334&author=superball1121]First I want to buy a handgun (never been arrested) clean record.

Second I want a conceal and carry, just not sure what's involved in getting it or how much.[/rquote]

You will have to pass the NICS Operation background check for the purchase of your handgun....

I think the class is $100 plus your ammo...

not positive though

8. buckwacker181

Oct 9, 2006
    Catawussy
  9. superball1121

superball1121 New Member

Mar 20, 2007
    O\'Fallon
    Ouch - that stinks - ust to buy a gun I have to tak a class? [rquote=1276339&tid=89334&author=Gakic24][rquote=1276336&tid=89334&author=superball1121]First I want to buy a handgun (never been arrested) clean record.

Second I want a conceal and carry, just not sure what's involved in getting it or how much.[/rquote]

You will have to pass the NICS Operation background check for the purchase of your handgun....

I think the class is $100 plus your ammo...

not positive though[/rquote]

10. buckwacker181

Oct 9, 2006
    Catawussy
    You don't have to take the class just to buy the pistol. If you wan't to carry the pistol concealed then you have to take the class. I'm kind of confused, I couldn't tell if that is what you thought or not. You can go to a gun shop a buy a pistol and be out the door with it in about 20 minutes.

11. superball1121

superball1121 New Member

Mar 20, 2007
    O\'Fallon
    Ok. Yes, that is what I thought. Sorry guys... I'm on a blackberry. So looking thigs up takes so much longer. Confusing you guys and myself is a lot easier.

Feel better now. To get a cnc license, thew class will cost a bill. That's it? Sounds good to me. Any discounted classes? I'm on a budget.

12. BILLYGOAT

BILLYGOAT New Member

the class will cost anywhere between 75 to 175 depending on where you go. after that you have to pay around another 100 for your licence fee.that you have to renew every 3 years i believe.so it actually cost between 2 to 3 hundred for your conceal carry.

13. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    you will pay 100 or so for the class, then you will pay another 100 to county and courthouse for paperwork then you will pay for the back ground check as well, i think mine ost me around 230

14. cummins5.9

cummins5.9 Baller, shot caller

Sep 27, 2006
    Yes
    Nevermind the fact that we shouldn't have to go through any of that stuff just to carry a concealed weapon.

15. Mule

Mule Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Franklin County, MO
    Any Mo adult 21 y.o. w/clean record can purchase a handgun. The PTA, Permission to Acquire, went out the window a couple of years ago.

Any MO resident that can legally own a gun and at least 21 y.o. can car carry.

CCW requires a class, prices vary.

CCW requires a permit issued by your local sheriff-sheriff sets the fee-max is $100.00-may take as long as 45 days to get approval.

Gun+Class+Permit= More than chump change.

16. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I've seen CCW classes as low as $65, and as high as $150. It's an 8hr class, with a little range time, and a short written test. I paid $120. There should be plenty of reputable instructors/classes, on your side of the state!!

My local S.O. only charged the $33.50 for the background check, then the License Bureau was cheap, $10-15, to get your permit.

17. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    Friend of mine just got his ccw in Chesterfield and it cost around $160 and it was the Utah certification and from what he said it is honored in a lot of other states and he did not have to shoot to get permit

18. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I don't know why a person would want to take a class and NOT shoot to qualify???

Take the Mo class, if you live in Mo.:cheers:

19. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    [rquote=1276456&tid=89334&author=fireman_3311]I don't know why a person would want to take a class and NOT shoot to qualify???

Take the Mo class, if you live in Mo.:cheers:[/rquote]

It was mostly an ammo problem,seems there is a shortage:stirpot:

20. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

[rquote=1276469&tid=89334&author=Big L][rquote=1276456&tid=89334&author=fireman_3311]I don't know why a person would want to take a class and NOT shoot to qualify???

Take the Mo class, if you live in Mo.:cheers:[/rquote]

It was mostly an ammo problem,seems there is a shortage:stirpot:[/rquote]

If'n I remember correctly, Mo required me to shoot 20 rounds.:stirpot: