Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for opinions on compact binocs that won't break the bank. What brand and powers have you had experience with that you would buy again? Ones to stay away from?
I dont have a lot of spare cash since my wifes passing, so Zeiss, Swarovski etc are out of the question.
Anyone here have a decent used pair for sale or trade?

· #pointsmatter
2,814 Posts
I've got 10x42 Nikon Monarch 5's. Love them. I know some people say they like 8x better in the woods but I do not. I like having the extra power. Its pretty amazing what you can see through the woods with b-nocks. I can see better with them in low light than what I can see without them.

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,066 Posts
I have the Leupold Yosemite's in 8x30, and for the money they are decent.

Not as good as the Mojave HD's.... But, for bow hunting, or lightweight set, they ain't bad...

Reactions: radioactive

· Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have 8x42 bx1 Leupoulds I'm liking more every time I use them.
Thank you sir! I spotted the Leupold BX1 10X42's on clearance for $123 at camping world of all places, so just ordered them. It's about time I used the credit card from there anyway.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Thank you sir! I spotted the Leupold BX1 10X42's on clearance for $123 at camping world of all places, so just ordered them. It's about time I used the credit card from there anyway.
That's a heck of a price for them too.

· Registered
21,512 Posts
With any Binoculars I have problems with my Glasses. Some I have to pull my Glasses off which is a pain.

oneshot

:D So far the Big Grin has Dog sight and can see real good.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I like my Steiners. They are 8x50 I believe.

The only thing is they are auto focus and when carried on bino straps they rub back and forth and it turns the lenses out of focus. If I can find a case like my Leupoulds have that fits them and will attach to my carry harness they will be my go to in Kansas and nebraska.

Reactions: trailblazer75

· Registered
1,189 Posts
I like my Steiners. They are 8x50 I believe.

The only thing is they are auto focus and when carried on bino straps they rub back and forth and it turns the lenses out of focus. If I can find a case like my Leupoulds have that fits them and will attach to my carry harness they will be my go to in Kansas and nebraska.
Yeah mine are nice as well but I have a set of vortex that are light. These stieners are the ones with a milling reticle in the eye piece. I only don't use them because I have a bino harness that I run these vortex in.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I was kinda hoping radio would visit this thread and let us know if he got his new ones and what he thought of them.

Reactions: trailblazer75
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.