Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a point in there about not posting stuff for banned members....

But, does that apply to banned members who open up second accounts on MWT?

It would seem that would be the same as posting on the behalf of banned members, except you are doing it yourself... :D

Just curious..... ;-)

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In particular rule 4 which states....

4. Do not post messages on behalf of banned members. They are banned for a reason. Doing so will result in a ban for the poster who is conveying the message, and an increase in the ban length for the poster who is sending the message.

Asking for a friend. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Wibb and 90acres

·
Administrator
1,158 Posts
But, does that apply to banned members who open up second accounts on MWT?
Opening up a 2nd account after being banned will results in a ban for that account as well.

You may only have one account on this forum. No exceptions. If you have issues with your account or need help changing your username, password, email, etc. you can post for help or contact us. Many helpful topics can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting.... thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: mkelsey40

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now, and for the record, since you seem to be listening...

Some long time members were recently banned, and to be honest I have yet to run into another MWT member who feels it was warranted, including myself. I'd rather see them back with their old account, so we know who they are, instead of them coming back as someone else.

IMHO.... If you are going to post rules, live by them. If you are going to post rules, and then not enforce them, why have them, it just creates confusion among the people who post here.

I think it's time to wring out the clemency bell, and let those members back, then post your rules, and if they do not play by them, ban them and make sure they are truly banned.

This post was made with the thought of constructive criticism in mind, so please take it as such.

·
Registered
7,833 Posts
Long arm of the law

Reactions: BustinBucks

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Long arm of the law
We will see, personally, I don't think anyone should be banned, especially with out some sort of warning that if they do not change their behavior, they will be banned. But, if you are gonna do it, then do it. And, enforce it, otherwise, why bother, just open this place up like the wild wild west and let the carnage ensue.

Either way, I don't really care. But, I don't like seeing rules put down, but only enforced sporadically, and not for all members, etc....

Either have them, and run the place by them, or get rid of them all.

·
Administrator
1,158 Posts
We will see, personally, I don't think anyone should be banned, especially with out some sort of warning that if they do not change their behavior, they will be banned. But, if you are gonna do it, then do it. And, enforce it, otherwise, why bother, just open this place up like the wild wild west and let the carnage ensue.

Either way, I don't really care. But, I don't like seeing rules put down, but only enforced sporadically, and not for all members, etc....

Either have them, and run the place by them, or get rid of them all.
I agree with you 100%. We will be enforcing community rules across the board. We do have a warning method in place unless the violation is extreme.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, there should be things were no warning is warranted, like threatening other members, abusive fowl talk about their wives, or children, etc...

I guess the big question will be, day in day out monitoring of the situation.... seems you guys are around just hit or miss.

I don't think there is a member here who disagrees with the rules in place, only the enforcement of them if I read things right....

Anyway, best of luck, hope the new rules are followed, and things go smoothly.

I do think there needs to be a structured way in which banned members can earn their way back though.... That said, there should be a limited # of infractions til the ban hammer is lifetime. :D

·
Administrator
1,158 Posts
Yes, there should be things were no warning is warranted, like threatening other members, abusive fowl talk about their wives, or children, etc...

I guess the big question will be, day in day out monitoring of the situation.... seems you guys are around just hit or miss.

I don't think there is a member here who disagrees with the rules in place, only the enforcement of them if I read things right....

Anyway, best of luck, hope the new rules are followed, and things go smoothly.

I do think there needs to be a structured way in which banned members can earn their way back though.... That said, there should be a limited # of infractions til the ban hammer is lifetime. :D
We will be working to increase our moderator team and a site admin so that this can be avoided moving forward.

It will take a bit to get where we need to be, but we're focused on making it happen.

·
Slayer of $$$ Birds
7,611 Posts
We will be working to increase our moderator team and a site admin so that this can be avoided moving forward.

It will take a bit to get where we need to be, but we're focused on making it happen.
Is that a paying job?

·
Registered
7,833 Posts

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For moderators, I nominate long time community moderator @PHhunter
Who's all for Rat & MM getting a second chance, say aye! :D Just because you got fired the first time, does not mean your whole life should be ruined... :D

1 - 20 of 128 Posts