Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m wanting to buy another camera before I go back down to the farm on Tuesday. I found the command ops and the G45ng pro. I know the G45ng will take better pics, but the browning has better reviews. Anyone have either of these cams or have an opinion on which is better? There is only a $30 price difference. Whatcha think?

· Registered
20,349 Posts
I believe the G45ng is made by Stealth. The NG stands for No Glow so it's a cam that won't flash or emit a visible glow when it takes pictures. The command ops will emit a glow that deer can pickup on and possibly react to. I guess it all comes down to where you plan on placing the cam. If your concerned with trespassers or want to use the cam for security I would go with the Stealth. If the NG option isn't high on your list of (must haves) in a trail cam then I would go with the browning. The Browning is going to take better pictures and have a longer range due to it being a low glow cam. Brownings customer service is better than Stealth--- in my experience.

· Registered
6,911 Posts
The stealth cams are known for video quality. on pictures the stealth gets flash range by manipulation of iso speed factors which results in pictures with static in them.
If you are a picture guy find a browning strike force mini.and make it the red micro flash model. I am going to try the 2019 offering ,the strike force apex.
In the description it claims a 80 foot detection range which hopefully will not give to many false triggers. THERE IS MENTION OF ILLUNINITE TECHNOLOGY IN THE CAM WHICH MEANS IT IS A MONKEY CAM.
THE 2016 BTC 5 HD E IS WHERE THE BAR IS SET FOR PICTURES FROM A TRAIL CAM BECAUSE OF THOSE ADJUSTMENT MONKEYS and other attributes working well. The 2019 version is taking battery life from 6 lithium into even crazier places. If you can,t keep a cam running you get no pictures.
I would stay away from the command ops, it is the cheapest browning for reason. the apex is 139 dollars , will be found under 100 many times .The mocking birds are wanting to test a new cam this spring.

· Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The stealth cams are known for video quality. on pictures the stealth gets flash range by manipulation of iso speed factors which results in pictures with static in them.
If you are a picture guy find a browning strike force mini.and make it the red micro flash model. I am going to try the 2019 offering ,the strike force apex.
In the description it claims a 80 foot detection range which hopefully will not give to many false triggers. THERE IS MENTION OF ILLUNINITE TECHNOLOGY IN THE CAM WHICH MEANS IT IS A MONKEY CAM.
THE 2016 BTC 5 HD E IS WHERE THE BAR IS SET FOR PICTURES FROM A TRAIL CAM BECAUSE OF THOSE ADJUSTMENT MONKEYS and other attributes working well. The 2019 version is taking battery life from 6 lithium into even crazier places. If you can,t keep a cam running you get no pictures.
I would stay away from the command ops, it is the cheapest browning for reason. the apex is 139 dollars , will be found under 100 many times .The mocking birds are wanting to test a new cam this spring.
I have 3 strike forces. The command ops is $70 and the stealth is $100

· Registered
3,063 Posts
I had the stealth. Wanted the no glow. Got it from Trailcampro. Crapped out just before warranty expired and they sent a brand new one. They are a little more expensive to buy from but I like their warranty and customer service. Never had a command ops though.

Reactions: Rednecknick

· Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the stealth. Wanted the no glow. Got it from Trailcampro. Crapped out just before warranty expired and they sent a brand new one. They are a little more expensive to buy from but I like their warranty and customer service. Never had a command ops though.
Was the warranty from trailcam pro or stealth cam, how long was it?

· Registered
3,063 Posts
Was the warranty from trailcam pro or stealth cam, how long was it?
Was from tcp. I don't know that they even looked at what was wrong, just sent me a new one. Their package deals are good too. I thought I could get the individual pieces like a box, lock, etc cheaper elsewhere. I couldn't so I don't try that anymore

Reactions: Rednecknick
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.