Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That right. the 4+ years that Igor and his employer, Dave, seems ready for market. They will share the MDS booth at the Classic. They have put oh so much time and efforts into this design I can only wish them the best.........

[file]237621[/file]

Here is a link to the write up by Igor from last year.....

http://www.missouriwhitetails.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=146796

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
I have seen this thing work when it was in its infancy. If they have tweaked it even more it will be cool to watch.:2thumbsup:

·
Crossbow supporter
32,066 Posts
:eek:::eek:::eek:::eek:::eek::

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,915 Posts
:eek::

·
Under appreciated
89,771 Posts
Its very cool :claphands:

·
PURE KILLER
38,018 Posts

·
Under appreciated
89,771 Posts
[rquote=2436888&tid=169766&author=Gutpile]Ok... I'll ask. What on earth is it?[/rquote]

Explanation by igor below...

[rquote=2105429&tid=146796&author=igor]First thing, I didn't design it.
That would be mr. tenatious Dave, I did do the programming of the cnc's
and helped with designing it.
Team effort on this one, lots of ideas thrown around. some implemented some not.

It operates off a 12v auto battery, with either sip and puff "for people with no use of thier arms" or
a joystick for people with limited upper body movement.

Basically when the user want's to cast "joystick" they press the stick forward, this turns on a gearmotor and activates a 12v electric clutch.
This rotates the mechanism in a casting motion, about 1/4 of the way back a cam engages depressing the trigger on the reel itself.
When the user wants to cast they let go of the joystick, a torsion spring "stout little bugger" rotates the mechanism forward.
The same cam then releases the trigger on the reel, perfect "hopefully" cast.

When a strike occurs the user pulls the joystick rearward, this engages a second gearmotor that is attached to the reel with a set of toothed pulleys reeling in the catch.

I can't stress enough how many people and ideas were involved in this, it sure wasn't all me by a long stretch.
We have one small modification left, and these things should be out there. It's a simple mod that involves a limit switch.

Dean[/rquote]

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Hard to believe it's been 4+ years, seems like last week.:whiteflag:

It draws a LOT of attention. Lets hope this helps put MDS
on the map, and gets some folks in the outdoors.

See you at the classic.:cheers:

Dean

·
Grrrrrrr
29,946 Posts
Can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts

·
Registered
13,882 Posts
[rquote=2436763&tid=169766&author=henry] I have seen this thing work when it was in its infancy. If they have tweaked it even more it will be cool to watch.:2thumbsup:[/rquote]Ditto.....looking forward to seeing the newest version in action!:claphands::claphands::claphands:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts