Columbia Gun show

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by beanpile, Feb 11, 2006.

1. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

Good lord why do I go??

yea I got acouple of items but i saw a nice Winchester in 300 wssm and tried to do some trad'n and he sais " 270's are'nt a very good caliber these days"

Well why dont you just kiss my.&%@#.. I'd out shoot his whatever with my 270

Maybe if I shot his Cat at 300 yrds he'd think other wise

2. Calm down! He was just trying to stick it in your:ass:! there bad about that crap for some reason at alot of gun shows. But you can bet everything they have is the best thing since cold beer.

chad

3. Brake

Brake Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Livingston Co MO
    what does he mean 270 isn't a good caliber these days? why you should have showed him up:)

4. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    If it was the other way around he would have said the 300 was not a very good caliber nowadays. You will find a better deal down the road, after he kisses your *#@ he can kiss mine and I shoot a 300 wthby mag! I just feel good now, bad day, had to vent! Wife is due Easter Sunday and the Honey Do list is getting pretty long!
    :wave:

5. Well congratulations on the new arival. They are the best thing that will ever bless your life!Do you know what its gonna be Nicholas? and is this your first?

Congratulations again chad

6. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Chad, thank you sir! It is going to be a boy, yippie, giddyup and all that stuff! Name will be Antonio Gary, after my father, brother, and my wifes father! We will call him Tony, when we are not calling him Little Buck! I also have a 16 year old daughter, some say she looks just like Ashley Judd, when they do I say it was when I was flying through Europe and had a fling, then I wake up.

7. Bear

Bear New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    I hate gun shows ! everything they have is worth its weight in gold and anything I have to trade is a worthless. I've never got
    a bargin on anything at a gunshow ! The only reason I go is when I have cabin fever so bad I can't stand it. Grrrrr:mad2:

8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I get a kick out of snooping around at gun shows but I agree with Bear.. never got a good deal at a gunshow.

9. mrclean

mrclean New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Harrisburg
    I have found a few good deals at gunshows.
    I think gunshows are best for the experts. People who are really into guns and know:
    1) what they are doing, and
    2) what they want

...can do well at gun shows, particularly if they are into collectible guns.
    Average Joe who wants a deer rifle is the one who often gets burned.

10. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    If I find a gun at a show I start out by picking up other guns that I'm not interested in at all and finally pick up the one I like. Mean while I'm shoot'n the sh*t with the guy about the others guns I've looked at and ask the price of them. Then with the target gun in hand I ask the price and that is when I start pointing out all the flaws that the gun has and even make up a few if I can. He will usually drop the price once or twice the longer you stand there taking up his time. If no deal is made come back a couple of times and pick up the gun again. That is when he will come down again in price. This tactic worked for me more than once. Had one guy that had a Savage model 24 in 22/.410 for $385. Second price after my bashing was $300. After the third trip back to his table I walked out with the gun for $215. It pays to BS sometimes.

11. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

:hysterical: i think I'l take you with me to the next Gunshow...March 18th in Stover