Colorado Resident

Discussion in 'Out of State Hunts, Stories & Pics' started by starbux, Aug 12, 2017.

1. starbux

starbux Active Member

Well, the income tax increase in Illinois was the straw that broke the camel's back. On July 18, I accepted a transfer to the front range of Colorado for work. I already had permits for CO antelope (rifle) in October. My daughter and I also have late plains muley tags (rifle) for December. I kept the IL lease so I'll spend a few weeks back there in October and November. Since CO doesn't acknowledge residency for 6 months, I will be a NR for both IL and CO this year. I didn't even apply for the MO Managed hunts this year.
    Next year I can apply for everything as a resident out here....and I will. Looking forward to a chance at sheep, goats, moose, bears, lions, merriams turks, muleys, antelope, elk and tons of small game. Montauk is great, but looking forward to wild trout fishing with the girls. This morning it was 53 degrees when I made coffee so I'm not missing the Midwest right now.

Vector and GTOHunter like this.
  2. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Where are you. I lived West of Salida on the Arkansas River.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin is ready for Snow.

3. Dafish

Dafish Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    St. Peters
    Enjoy, You will miss the humidity :)

If you have not already started, start now in accumulating preference points. I use to and I have some but got tired of giving the CDOW my $600 every year to hold for a couple months.
    My brother lived up by Waverly/Ft. Collins and just sold everything and is on his way to Florida..
    everything
    snowmoblies, atv's, 5th wheel, ZTR, boat, 1ton Ram, my Taco( I sold it to him )all hunting and fishing stuff, house, all home furnishings,

starbux likes this.
  4. starbux

starbux Active Member

Living near Denver to stay close to the kids' soccer club. I have 12 elk, 2 deer and 2 antelope points saved up. Gonna check out Ranching For Wildlife tags.

5. BackyardBandit

BackyardBandit Don't mind me

Jan 12, 2012
    West St. Louis Co.
    What dreams are made of..

starbux likes this.
  6. pastorcurtis

pastorcurtis Member

Aug 27, 2014
    I lived on the Front Range for many years. There are quite a few good, overlooked elk spots in southern WY as well. At take a drive someday up to Woods Landing and look around.

starbux likes this.
  7. starbux

starbux Active Member

Why did your brother leave?

8. Dafish

Dafish Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    St. Peters
    Well, not really sure, we had planned on going elk hunting this year, in June he sent me a text saying they are selling everything and moving to Florida...
    he did mention something about the new tax bill will do away with selling your house and not paying tax on the profit...he had people knocking on his door asking if they would sell for 5 to 6 times what he paid for the place...I might just have to take the money and run too...

starbux likes this.
  9. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    The first week in Colorado first day I was splitting Wood had an Antelope watching me. That week had Big Horn Sheep, Mule Deer and Elk around the house.

I say I could fish the Arkansas River out my Bedroom window which I could thing is there was a bank and two foot path.

My wife would ride Harley to work in the snow.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin could get a Tan in no time.

starbux likes this.