Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Only advise I can offer is you should prolly take someone with you who's been there before. Like myself for example...I'm only thinking of you remember, I just want you to have the best trip possible !

Seriously, get to work on cardio NOW ! Walk walk and walk some more... even with a loaded pack after you get into some type of routine.

Sounds like a great time. What state ? Outfitter's name ?

Be sure to take plenty of pictures.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
GET IN SHAPE!!!!!!! When you think you are in good enough shape, that means you're about half way there!!!!!!!! I would bet that is the #1 problem guides run into, clients not being able to hike in after the elk.....Drink alot of water when you're up there too, easy to get dehydrated, it also helps get you acclimated to the elevation......And did I mention, GET IN SHAPE!!!!!!!!!!

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
get in shape quick,go run the hundred yard dash and see how out of breath you are and then get used to it.because more than likeley thats how you will be breathing alot so build up your stamina.and have fun

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Originally posted by r2ahunter
for sure get in shape those mountains can get your butt. Also invest in good boots, your feet will thank you. Good luck
You might make sure them new boots are well broke in also. Take some type of portable press for your bow and an extra (broke in) string. Hate to have something like a bad string ruin the whole hunt. Not many bow shops in the mountains. Have fun

MoBowman ```---------->

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
there are no elk in CO send your tag back for a refund!!!!!

your outfitter should send you alist of things you need

but diffanly get in shape is the biggest thing and i don't mean just in shape elk hunting can be very tough

if your lucky enough just take an extra bow your used to shooting. i have never went with an outfitter so i have had to take everything not sure what i wouldn't need with an outfitter but i am sure your list will be much shorter than mine

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Don't make it too complicated.
I carry a tool box with everything I could need for my bow if something should break, sights rest, string, a lapper bow press, peep sight extra release or tab... I can fix anything except a limb or riser breaking.

I might get more serious about taking extra precautions if its a pack in remote camp.

Lots of water for sure, chap stick, GPS, small flashlight, compass, firestarter and water proof matches, munchies,

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Originally posted by GoGop
Originally posted by cfrazee_mo
I cannot believe noone has told him to pack a CAMERA!!
Steve told him to take lots of pictures, so that implies the camera. :wave:
Oh ye of little faith !!!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by Whitemarsh
Originally posted by cfrazee_mo
I cannot believe noone has told him to pack a CAMERA!!
or Arrows!!!
Of how about a bow?! Or a knife?! :hysterical:

Have a good time MM :cheers:

Parker

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.