Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Basic directions to California from Sedelia:
Route 50 East through California and approx 4.6 miles past Route 50 and Route 87 intersection (.9 miles past Route K on right) turn right onto Shooters Club Rd. From Jefferson City - West on Route 50 approx 18 miles from Route 54 to left turn onto Shooters Club Road.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know how to get to california but Cole Camp is closer and I was wondering how it is and how to get there, never shot eithier place, would love to shoot montrose again but have to work this weekend.

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Cole Camp is actually Twin Lakes:
Basic directions: To the Turkey Barns – From Sedalia Area - Take 65 South through Lincoln, approx 1 mile to a left an Highway H, travel approx 3-3.5 miles to turn right onto Fire Tower Rd a gravel road marked by a large row of Ponderosa Pines. After another 1-1.5 miles to the shoot marked by a green trailer. Ron Newman 660-668-3926

Now I understand that is where their first shoots are, I believe the actual range is in a different spot, BTH would be able to tell ya better.

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
[rquote=1540858&tid=107346&author=MoBowman]You could join us down at Montrose this sunday if you would like :2thumbsup:[/rquote]

And see Pops get schooled!!:hysterical::hysterical::scared:

BTH:superman:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I've always like the California shoot personally!! Usually alot of GREAT! shots there. I've never been to the Twin Lakes shoot. I'd love to hear some more input from you folks bout it.

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
[rquote=1540884&tid=107346&author=MoBowman]

Now I understand that is where their first shoots are, I believe the actual range is in a different spot, BTH would be able to tell ya better.[/rquote]

I couldn't tell you I've only been to the turk barn. I will tell you if going to shoot the turk barn bring plenty of arrow lube. Those old Delta targets don't like to give your arrow back.

BTH

·
Registered
567 Posts
Both are good shoots. I really dont care for california's scoring but i dont shoot for score just for fun so its not that big a deal. And i really hope cole camp upgraded targets or something. Those deltas were looking pretty rough the last time i was up there.

·
Registered
486 Posts
[rquote=1548941&tid=107346&author=bocomo]Ill be shooting cali. I dont really like the scoring or the fact that u cant use bino's, but i cant shoot worth a darn indoors.[/rquote]I wish I were a Mod on here too. I would remove the word indoors from your post.:D

·
Registered
379 Posts
[rquote=1549766&tid=107346&author=ultramax][rquote=1548941&tid=107346&author=bocomo]Ill be shooting cali. I dont really like the scoring or the fact that u cant use bino's, but i cant shoot worth a darn indoors.[/rquote]I wish I were a Mod on here too. I would remove the word indoors from your post.:D[/rquote]

Same thing I was thinking.:cheers: J/K Steve.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I shot California on the 17th of January, dont think I would go back, I'm really not into shooting a frog at 3 yds and a pink panther or a human size cobra, there was only 1 shot further than 30 and it was about 37yds on the first target, you know the targets are to close when about 10-15 guys shoot the max score of 294, about 35 out of 42 targets were under 20 yds, plus its an hour and 1/2 drive so I wont be going there again.

·
Registered
227 Posts
ok guys here i go i am one of the five that put california shoot on we try to put on a great hunter style shoot with a few different style targets our first shoot is always pretty close in yardage. the frog i hated it one it was to close and it is taking a beating at that distanceas the outher targets we just like to mix it up some that is what we got so i gess we will use them until there done as far as someone being rude at check in im sorry for that dont know the whole story but i would like to.

as far as binos we did away with them last year it was really holding up everything we might have up to 200 shooters in a day and no one wants to stand around all day long to wait to shoot i hope this helps out if ya got any questions at all please get ahold of me i will try to take care of them the best i can thanks and happy shooting

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.