Cold swim!

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by Chase635, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Chase635

Chase635 New Member

Feb 16, 2005
    This morning i went out shed hunting and took the Dog with me we came up on a forest pond and before i say anything my Male Lab ran onto the ice and broke through in the middle of the pond.

Well he could not get out and so i had to strip down in the woods and break through the ice chest deep to get him out. this is the second time i have had to do this.

He made up for it and found a set of matching sheds and a fork horn with the skull still attached on the walk home. will post pictures later.
  2. buckbuster14

buckbuster14 New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Moberly, Missouri
    Never used a dog to find any sheds before. Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong!:)

3. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Glad everything worked out alright!!

So when exactly are those pics coming??? :D:pop:
  4. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Got a chill reading that. Glad it worked out! brrrrr
  5. kcraider21

kcraider21 New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Belton, MO
    WOW, that would be cold I reckon.
  6. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    man i hope you weren't far from home that could be dangrous man
  7. Chase635

Chase635 New Member

Feb 16, 2005
    It was cold for sure, I was only 2 miles from the house and i walked as fast as i could getting home.
  8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Oh, ok... only 2 miles. :confused: I thought you were far away. Geez... you oughta get somekind of award or medal for that!
  9. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Sure glad you and the lab are ok............:)
  10. 10pointer

10pointer Senior Member

Nov 10, 2003
    St.Charles CO
    its good to hear you and your pup are alright.:cheers:

last summer my lab who adores water swam in the lake at the farm while we were fishing on the opposite end in the jonboat. He swam over our way then he started going under so i had to jump in and help him in the boat. I guess about and hour of hard swimming with most of it in deep water really took its toll on that poor boy. This is the second time thats happened but only after an extended swim for the boy when we are in the middle of the lake and theres no bank around. He just doesnt know when to stop when we are fishing in the lake. I think i need to get him a life jacket:hysterical: