Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a few frustrating hunts the past couple of months, I've decided I may be in the market for a new climbing stand. Anyone have any recommendations -good or bad? I'd like to keep it $300 or less. Safety is most important. Being lightweight is important as well. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
587 Posts
[rquote=1481051&tid=103570&author=bowrookie]Top,

I was just checking craigslist, and there`s one close to you in Fenton for $50, and it looks like a good one. If I wasn`t in BFE I`d grab it!! It`s really only an hour from me, so let me know if you don`t like it, I`ll probably take it if you don`t.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/spo/1476610275.html[/rquote]

That stand is sold @ ****s for 80 bucks or right around there.

I purchased one & promptly returned it. They are SUPER heavy, a pain to backpack, and very awkward to climb with.

Just my :02:

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about the summits but have never used one. I have an API grand slam that is 13+ years old and has performed flawlessly. Is is rock solid on the tree and comfortable enough to sit in for hours. No idea what the current price is but when I bought mine they were under $200.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I got a summit goliath at sportsman guide for a good price
had to have something a little more heavy duty for the fat boy.
I have had no complaints with it

·
Registered
511 Posts
My loggy is the most comfortable stand i've ever hunted in. I've had a summit and a ol'man and i think the loggy is the quitest to set up and the best lookin stand. but thats just my opinion. look at them all and see which one fits you the best. good luck

·
Registered
65 Posts
Check out Equalizer Treestands. I have tried them all, and this is one of the best. The ability to adjust the stand on your way up and down is awesome. Also, fully welded, no spots, and light. Packs great.

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
may i intorduce to you to the lone wolf way of things. sweet. peg a tree or put up some sticks. however many trees you want, grab the lone wolf, (lightest stand i have ever carried) and hunt any tree you want. doesn't have to be a straight up tree with no limbs either.:cheers:

·
17,674 Posts
[rquote=1481218&tid=103570&author=winger]may i intorduce to you to the lone wolf way of things. sweet. peg a tree or put up some sticks. however many trees you want, grab the lone wolf, (lightest stand i have ever carried) and hunt any tree you want. doesn't have to be a straight up tree with no limbs either.:cheers:[/rquote]

Yeah and more than $300 too. He indicated he wanted to keep it under $300.:pop:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts