Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with out having seen them in person yet, and reading all the posts here related to them.

i have a Grand Ol Man tree stand, i feel safe in it with a wt rating of 400 pounds.

i was thinking of upgrading to a newer one, but i dont want to sacrifice number one the wt rating (im a big guy).

i would like a bigger platform, wider and one that my size 14's wont hang over the edge when sitting. and a good comfortible seat.

i know lots of guys like the Summint viper, but is that big enough for me?

any advice is helpful

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
viper is I think rated for 300 #s,they do make the summit goliath wich is a bigger stand I believe,and can hold more weight,I will check and find out( if I can find it out )

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I have the Summitt Goliath--I believe that it has a 400# rating as well. I'm a big dude (6-5 & 340#) and I can sit in this puppy all day. Very nice seat and lots of room!

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, i had expected to hear from the Summit clan, real surprised that no other brands have come up.

DWB, hows the foot room on that baby? depending on the Diameter of the tree, makes it kinda fun to get up and shoot in my ol man, are the arms Spread a little?

and can you face the tree and sit?

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I've got a Summit Viper. I'm 6' 2" or 3" ish and 200 even. I wouldn't trade it for any other, just my opinion. I can sit in it all day and be comfortable, quiet and roomy for me.
Just my .02

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
The platform is big enough for me but you know how that goes--I could always use bigger. I just went out and measured it. From the apex of the "V" that bites into the tree to the edge of the platform is 34 inches and it is about 20 inches wide. One bit of advice--line your platform with carpet or something and it will keep that clump of dirt from falling from your boot to that ground at an inoportune time.

Yes with a little working you can sit in your stand facing the tree.

With regards to the arms, not sure what you mean? Compared to the other Summitt models they are considerably wider. All in all I think it is a great stand and very easy too pack into the woods. The climbing sturrups work great!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I forked out the dough for a Lone wolf last year and am glad I did. Best stand out there.

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
speaking of the climbing stirrups.... you can buy the summit ones and put them on most stands,I think BP sells them for about 20 bucks, A nice upgrade to all stands

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ats 20.00 or so higher than the Summit Golaith, not to bad once you get up there in price 10-20 isnt really much.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
i really like the equlizer its a nice stand we have two of them on the lease. there really comfy with the saftey bar and sit facing the tree durning gun season

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HFF, you are the first person tht i know that has one. im glad to hear they are good.

that makes a decsion easy, i was leaning towards it, just because of the leveling ratchet. Really nice feature.

thanks!

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
i think the leveling rachet is a new feature as ours don't have that we have alot of differnt stands........i do know its one of the better climbers we have

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Originally posted by starbux
Summit Goliath.....I'm not a small guy (6'2" 240 lbs) and I sleep in mine during my all day sits. I take naps from 9-10 and 2-3.
with you saftey harness on of couse ;)

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i agree the Summit looks like a great stand. i only question the way a guy can sit facing the tree.

the equalizer does that easily.

i guess its time to pond the pavement and look at these dudes up close.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.