Clarksville Walleye???

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by Hatch, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    Any walleye action happening? I just got the boat home and I am ready!::banana:

2. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    :pop: This must be a sign, a sign that they are biting! because no one is talking!!!:D

3. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    They really must be on fire!:D

4. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    Will someone just lie to me so I can justify going fishing in in 35 degree weather:wave:

5. there just tearing it up! I really have no idea but now you have a reason to go. And if they aint bitting just blame it on me.

chad

6. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    I think I will go Sunday, thanks for the tip!:eek:

7. Any time! Next time you need someone to lie to you just let me know!!

8. Dave160&2/8

Dave160&2/8 Guest

Hatch I went last Sunday and caught 4 Saugers. Fished from 9-2. I myself will probably be going Sunday and hopefully the water has cleared up some. It was murky and hard to find the fish.

9. danceswithbooze

danceswithbooze New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    O\'Fallon
    How do you all fish for Walleye on the big river? I've only fished for them on small/med sized lakes up in northern Minnesota. There we used worm rigs with leaches. Same concept here on the Mississippi?

10. Dave160&2/8

Dave160&2/8 Guest

I'm not sure it wouldn't be better to go up to Saverton which is the next damn up Hatch. Haven't decided where to go, depends on how much fun I have tonight as to what time I will get up in the morning.

11. Dave160&2/8

Dave160&2/8 Guest

Use heavy jig heads and you can either use plastic grubs or minnows. Just make sure your jig head is heavy enough to keep the bait on the bottom and vertical jig.

12. Dave160&2/8

Dave160&2/8 Guest

And one last thing Dances, Wear warm clothes cause the temp on the water seems to be alot colder.

13. danceswithbooze

danceswithbooze New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    O\'Fallon
    Thanks--deep water on the rocks?

14. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    Thanks Dave, I have never been past Clarksville but I'll go where the best fishing is.