Clark County 214"?

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by thwack13, Nov 7, 2010.

1. thwack13

thwack13 New Member

May 7, 2010
    Potosi
    Anyone hear about a 214" that was killed Friday. Neighbor by our lease came by the camper yesterday and showed us a pic on his phone, said his buddy killed it Friday. I assume it was in Clark County. Also had our farmer tell us that some guys had been watching a 200" about a mile from our farm and it was recently poached. Locals are obviously ticked off about

2. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    sure like to see that pic........ :cheers:

3. fish-n-hunt

fish-n-hunt New Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Poachers suck. What part of Clark Co.?

4. So the only way a guy can kill a 200 is to poach it eh?

5. thwack13

thwack13 New Member

May 7, 2010
    Potosi
    Considering it was found with the head cut off, I would say yes. Also, if someone killed it legally I would think people would know about it. Our farm is around Gregory Landing between Wayland and Canton, just south of H.

6. BustinBucks

BustinBucks I will use the report button

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO
    [rquote=1884494&tid=131275&author=Chad]So the only way a guy can kill a 200 is to poach it eh?[/rquote]

Not sure where "only way" came from....:whistle:

7. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    [rquote=1884554&tid=131275&author=thwack13]Considering it was found with the head cut off, I would say yes. Also, if someone killed it legally I would think people would know about it. Our farm is around Gregory Landing between Wayland and Canton, just south of H.[/rquote]

If the head was cut off how do they know it was the same big buck?

8. thwack13

thwack13 New Member

May 7, 2010
    Potosi
    Markings I guess

9. Yeah, they could tell because it had a whit patch under his chin on his neck. :D someone kills a biggun, and it is automaticaly poached. Surely couldn't have been some other buck?:D

10. letemgrow

letemgrow Active Member

Have not heard about that buck, sure will be looking for pics now tho!! :eek::

11. thwack13

thwack13 New Member

May 7, 2010
    Potosi
    Needless to say the one I saw on his phone was jaw dropping!:eek:

12. MO_BowHunter

MO_BowHunter Senior Member

Jul 13, 2006
    OFallon, MO
    Rumor has it some guys poached a 200"+ right on the line between Lewis & Clark a few years ago. I believe the CA's put a sting out and ended up catching a whole group of guys. From the original poachers, to the taxidermist, etc. But I have not heard anything about this latest incident - we hunt north of La Belle along the Fabious River.

13. angus

angus Member

Oct 17, 2005
    Salem
    I got one in a Txt Friday night that supposedly was taken Frdiay morning at Big River Outfitters in Chester,Illinois! Id say it could be close to that!

14. thwack13

thwack13 New Member

May 7, 2010
    Potosi
    Sounds like it is getting bad by our place. Rumor is the guys have 9 big ones hid out in a barn somewhere. Feds might be getting involved to bc someone killed 13 deer on fed ground down by the river recently as well. Hope they catch them bc our farmer said they probably kill more deer on our farm than we do. I would say some dummy deer are on the way

15. scooter

scooter New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Brashear
    I heard about a buck with 23 points that was supposed to have been killed in Clark county on Friday. Hadn't heard about the 200" that was poached...I will have to make some calls.....

16. thwack13

thwack13 New Member

May 7, 2010
    Potosi
    I think that guy said the buck had 23 points. The 200" was supposedly taken about 1 mile from our place. Our farmer said his cousin and one of his workers had been watching it for a while and waiting on gun season. Our farmer is a pretty straight shooter and if he says it then it is probably true. Now it might have been a 185" but they guessed it to be 200".

17. Kickers288

Kickers288 Active Member

Not a good picture got it from my buddy who hunts up there

[file]146908[/file]

18. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1884731&tid=131275&author=MO_BowHunter]Rumor has it some guys poached a 200"+ right on the line between Lewis & Clark a few years ago. I believe the CA's put a sting out and ended up catching a whole group of guys. From the original poachers, to the taxidermist, etc. But I have not heard anything about this latest incident - we hunt north of La Belle along the Fabious River.[/rquote]

amazing how much effort goes into catching a poacher who shoots a big buck. if its a doe..they could care less.

that, and theres a whole lot of "rumors" in this thread:thinking: I sure hope i never shoot an unbelieveable monster buck, I'd hate to be labeled a poacher by the general hunting community:bull::whiteflag:

19. thwack13

thwack13 New Member

May 7, 2010
    Potosi
    Jeremy, I think your reading it wrong. No one is accusing the guy who killed the 214 of poaching it. It is totally different deer than the one that they think was poached. A matter of fact he had the game warder score it. And a deer was poached bc they found the body, if it was the buck they had been watching I will just have to take their word bc I wasn't there and have never seen it. And yes our farmer said most of the people up there could care less about a poached doe. Can't see that pic very good but if he has a big droptine than I am sure that is it

20. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    That's not what I'm saying. I'm talking about the assumed poached buck. Well that and the 20 "I heard, or rumor has it" replies. Lots of speculation. They found a carcass with no head and it automaticaly becomes the "big one" is poached theory. It just makes me laugh is all. Mdc is making it very clear what they're worried about regarding the Missouri deer herd and it makes me sick. Once again a state entity given a specific amount of power and is now overstepping boundaries to cater to this trophy hunting agenda. If they only put 1/4 the effort in catching all poachers and not just the ones shooting their trophy bucks, it would make it a whole let better for everyone...but who am I to say anything