Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"City hunters"

4K views 185 replies 44 participants last post by  Mailman 
#1 ·
How come some of you so called "country boys" think you are so much superior hunters than the hunters from the city's around Missouri. Just because someone is from a city, big or small, does not make them a bad, good, terrible, great, or a inferior hunter.

I have seen self proclaimed "county boys" that could not shoot, hunt, fish, or farm without screwing it up. I have seen "city hunters" that also could not shoot or hunt without screwing it up.

Just an example is that the "country" neighbors that hunt next to a lease that I am on shoot everything. I heard over 40 shots from that one property on opening morning. Most of them where 5 at a time. Guess they ran out of ammo in the magazine or finally hit the deer on the 5th shot. Baskets, BB, and does are always on the hit list over there.

Would these people be classified as "City Hunters" even though they live in the "Country"

Please get over yourself if you are one of these great, do nothing wrong, superior, country boys.

#3 ·
[rquote=1481374&tid=103587&author=Marine95]How come some of you so called "country boys" think you are so much superior hunters than the hunters from the city's around Missouri. Just because someone is from a city, big or small, does not make them a bad, good, terrible, great, or a inferior hunter.

I have seen self proclaimed "county boys" that could not shoot, hunt, fish, or farm without screwing it up. I have seen "city hunters" that also could not shoot or hunt without screwing it up.

Just an example is that the "country" neighbors that hunt next to a lease that I am on shoot everything. I heard over 40 shots from that one property on opening morning. Most of them where 5 at a time. Guess they ran out of ammo in the magazine or finally hit the deer on the 5th shot. Baskets, BB, and does are always on the hit list over there.

Would these people be classified as "City Hunters" even though they live in the "Country"

Please get over yourself if you are one of these great, do nothing wrong, superior, country boys.

[/rquote]

Good post. That was the point I was making in the other thread.

I think they're just upset cause their family trees just don't fork as much!:rof2:

#5 ·
[rquote=1481384&tid=103587&author=macon county boy]ya city boys are way smarter than us dumb country boys[/rquote]

Must be, cause you haven't been able to read the meaning of the thread yet!

#8 ·
Ya'll need to keep it civil.....

Marine you made your point no need to engage in getting nasty and name calling which will lead to this thread getting deleted and your point lost in the shuffle.

#9 ·
[rquote=1481401&tid=103587&author=archer66]Ya'll need to keep it civil.....

Marine you made your point no need to engage in getting nasty and name calling which will lead to this thread getting deleted and your point lost in the shuffle.[/rquote]:cheers:

#10 ·
[rquote=1481396&tid=103587&author=macon county boy]:whinging::whinging::whinging::whinging:[/rquote]

Thanks for strenghtening my point with your responses.

#12 ·
[rquote=1481374&tid=103587&author=Marine95]
How come some of you so called "country boys" think you are so much superior hunters than the hunters from the city's around Missouri.

[/rquote]

What brought this on?

I don't think I am a better hunter than anybody, I would much rather be lucky than good.

Did someone have soggy post toasties for breakfast? :D

#13 ·
[rquote=1481408&tid=103587&author=Rack_Hunter][rquote=1481374&tid=103587&author=Marine95]
How come some of you so called "country boys" think you are so much superior hunters than the hunters from the city's around Missouri.

[/rquote]

What brought this on?

I don't think I am a better hunter than anybody, I would much rather be lucky than good.

[/rquote]I was wondering the same thing. As Archer said, keep it civil, boys!

#14 ·
[rquote=1481408&tid=103587&author=Rack_Hunter][rquote=1481374&tid=103587&author=Marine95]

[/rquote]

What brought this on?

[/rquote]I just get sick of all the post's that I read referring to the "city hunter"

#15 ·
From what I've found, from MY family experiences, anyhow, is that the ones who live in deer country, often don't bother checking the sights on their rifles. Those rifles live in their trucks all winter long, deer and coyote hunting, are beaten to pieces, basically, and they just don't bother to check their scopes before season (it might cost them some AMMO, which they also didn't bother to look for, until the night before season starts, and WallyWorld is sold out:mad2:).

With all that truck riding, the scope mounts are usually loose, or at least the rings are, and it might even have the action screws loosened up. I've found all these things, and lots more, just with ONE cousin in Chariton County (he's got at least 20 deer rifles, and either NO AMMO for the one or two that ARE sighted in, or, HORRORS, the manufacturers quit making the load he was sighted for, and now he can't find any.

Just this last week, I had to listen to Mr. Unprepared whine and snivel about everyone discontinuing 80gr. 6mm Remington ammo, and how his rifle just wouldn't shoot 100s worth spit.
Well, you gotta be smarter than your equipment, and he never has been, and never will be.

I won't even bring up the rifle he ran over (splitting the stock all to pieces, and DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE THE STOCK SPLITS WHEN HE WENT BACK TO PICK IT UP. Naw, I won't bring that up.

Or, that whenever I visit, he expects me to fix all those rifle's ills.

Our other cousin, two miles up the road, from Mr. U, OTOH, loads his own ammo and is generally prepared at least as much as my rifles are. He stays away from Mr. U.

Two sides of the country-boy coin.

#16 ·
o it means that i care about my friends and family and want to raise my kids up in a town where there safe and want to teach them about the great outdoors and teach em to love their neighbors and there family and friends to be responsible have respect even when others dont respect them and to be prouid that were from the best town in the country well i guess youre right marine 95 i have a country boy attitude

#17 ·
[rquote=1481415&tid=103587&author=macon county boy]o it means that i care about my friends and family and want to raise my kids up in a town where there safe and want to teach them about the great outdoors and teach em to love their neighbors and there family and friends to be responsible have respect even when others dont respect them and to be prouid that were from the best town in the country well i guess youre right marine 95 i have a country boy attitude[/rquote]So, if you live in a surburban area you cant teach your kids to respect if when others dont respect them. You cant teach them to love the outdoors if you live in a surburban area? You cant teach them to love their nieghbors in a surburban area? You cant be proud to be from a City? There are no safe places near a city?

#18 ·
seems to me some city hunters are a little sensitive today, i would rather go to the woods with someone who lives in the country and around nature 365 days a year than someone who sets in the suburbs 364 days a year, now if i needed a taxi why i was in the city i would want someone who lives in the city and leave the country boys in th country

#19 ·
marine you just bored or what?

#20 ·
[rquote=1481415&tid=103587&author=macon county boy]o it means that i care about my friends and family and want to raise my kids up in a town where there safe and want to teach them about the great outdoors and teach em to love their neighbors and there family and friends to be responsible have respect even when others dont respect them and to be prouid that were from the best town in the country well i guess youre right marine 95 i have a country boy attitude[/rquote]

Make sure you send them to a good school as well:stirpot: That has.........good English teachers.

#22 ·
[rquote=1481420&tid=103587&author=marshallgrn] seems to me some city hunters are a little sensitive today, i would rather go to the woods with someone who lives in the country and around nature 365 days a year than someone who sets in the suburbs 364 days a year, now if i needed a taxi why i was in the city i would want someone who lives in the city and leave the country boys in th country[/rquote]Im from the suburbs of St. Louis and would be willing to bet that I have logged more hours in the stand than alot of people. Did more scouting, shooting, and was better prepared. You make it look like if you are from the city you just hunt one day out of the year.

#23 ·
[rquote=1481426&tid=103587&author=Marine95][rquote=1481421&tid=103587&author=marshallgrn]marine you just bored or what?[/rquote]No, not bored. Just sick of the people that are from the city getting a raw deal. [/rquote]

I see then, your standing up for all the city hunters who get a raw deal? what about the ones that come from the city and shoot horses, cows, etc? hope your not fighting there fight :cheers:

#25 ·
no marine i did not you say couldnt do that in the city but we choose to do it in the country and that is my definition of country boy attitude dont know why yall have so much animosity towards us country folk we love the city boys they make my county rich and keeps the schools strong in macon county openig day our population doubled thats the truth

#26 ·
[rquote=1481429&tid=103587&author=marshallgrn][rquote=1481426&tid=103587&author=Marine95][rquote=1481421&tid=103587&author=marshallgrn]marine you just bored or what?[/rquote]No, not bored. Just sick of the people that are from the city getting a raw deal. [/rquote]

I see then, your standing up for all the city hunters who get a raw deal? what about the ones that come from the city and shoot horses, cows, etc? hope your not fighting there fight :cheers:[/rquote]What about the ones from the country who also shoot cows.(Ive seen it happen) What about the country boys who had to empty their magazines at every deer last weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.