Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey chuck I see you are on Ft. Riley just wondering if you hunt on post at all? I was there from 96 to 99 and hunted all over, but I'd have to say my favorite spot for deer was around breakneck lake and the creek bottom and the other side of the road was great too. Hunted across the road from the confidence course too and did ok.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
theres alot of big deer running post but alot of crazy jump thru hoop rules to hunt there. (9-11 did that:mad2: ) I've hunted the public land off milford lake and have had pretty good luck. in 2002 I killed a 140sh buck and my buddy got one slightly bigger, then in 2004 I got a 120sh 9 ptr and he got a 140sh 10 pt. all off public land. I actualy live up in milford so I all my weapons are off post which is nice, I wish post had easier, more freindly rules cause I'm willing to bet the kansas record is living in the impact area:eek:
I've seen some monsters thru night vision goggles

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's too bad about all the new rules, it used to be all you had to do was go to a meeting, hear the rules sign into an area and then hunt.

I know there are some nice bucks in the impact area, 97 or 98 a 16 yr old girl was hunting with her dad around there and took a sweet 16 pt. I never got drawn for anything but does while I was there though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.