Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a few days off for christmas break from work. So I hit Missouri's great outdoors for some non-stop action behind a wonderful pack of beagles.

Wednesday had rain most of the morning. It let up about noon or so. I loaded up the pack and headed out to a local CA. Dropped the hounds on the ground bout 2:00 till dark. Jumped 11 rabbits took home 7

Pistol on a retrieve. GOOD BOY PISTOL

running a bunny hard

one happy hunter

Hunt with Modeerhunter

We had this hunt planned for quiet some time now. We settled on Friday Dec 26th. Boy was I worried about the weather. It was going to rain then not rain then scattered showers. We headed out anyway. It was cloudy overcast the entire time with about 60 degree weather.

I want to thank Tim Chris and Christina for having my dad and I at your farm. It was a blast and a hunt I won't forget. I've been talking about all weekend long....lol I'm very glad the dogs did a good job for us. They found lots of bunnies just about everywhere. It was non-stop action the entire hunt.

We all got to do some shooting. Modeerhunter you're a good shot. He was the first to limit out. I also got my limit but took a few more shots to do it. I won't say how many times I shot at the second to last rabbit.....lol

Jumped 22+ rabbits took home 19. Plenty rabbits still out there.

Do you see lil Daisy in there........lol this bunny here she jumped out of a small brush pile. I was just watching her work. she entered the brush pile tail a going body a moving and out runs the bunny. She was at full cry right behind him. I had a big smile on my face. Bunny didn't want nothing to do with her. He went straight into the rocks. She belly crawled around in there for a bit trying to get him out.

some of the cover

the days kill

the rabbit hunting crew

Rained out sat or I would have gone somewhere too.

Sunday I was invited to Bricky's deer lease. We made the big drive north to palmyria Mo. Let the dogs loose. Walked up and down ditches and hit a few brushpiles here and there. Managed to get 3 rabbits going on the property killed two of them and one red squirrel. We cooked up Mr. Squirrel and a couple of his buddies sunday night. The squirrel was delicous. Going to have to keep my eye out for more of them. thanks for having us out bricky. Hope one of you get that monster buck running on the property. He looked big

·
Honey Badger Phat Sack
10,486 Posts
The rabbit master....... Joeyman!~~~~~

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
That was a blast Joey, a hunt I won't soon forget either. It was a pleasure to have you and your dad out and getting to hunt behind those fine dogs. I can hardly wait to do it again, but I think I've cleaned enough rabbits for a little while. :hysterical:

·
PURE KILLER
37,998 Posts
looks like a good time was had:dancin:

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
I think we spent most of the day in a 5 acre patch of grass and brush. The rabbits kept circling into this patch, we could have set there in lawn chairs had we been smart enough.:rof2:

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol.......yeah how many times did we walk back and forth to the same exact spot. Felt like a million times.

Lets not forget the bunny that ran thru the garden and under the chicken coop then into that 5ac patch of grass

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
So, did you use the 870 Modeerhunter? If so sounds like it worked for you..:cheers:

Looks like you boys had a good time. Need to take them dogs down south to my swamper spot and give them a go one day.:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
Originally posted by Chad
So, did you use the 870 Modeerhunter? If so sounds like it worked for you..:cheers:
I sure did Chad, and it performed like a champ. I thanked you when I got my limit at 12:15. :eek::

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Originally posted by Modeerhunter
Originally posted by Chad
I sure did Chad, and it performed like a champ. I thanked you when I got my limit at 12:15. :eek::
Good deal. I sure miss it..:whinging::whinging::whinging::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
I did miss one bunny, but I think it was operator error. Too bad for the bunny it circled back around and my brother took it out. :eek::

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is that the one bunny that took two shots.

·
Under appreciated
88,216 Posts
Looks like fun!! Cool pics and video Joeyman. :kewlpics:

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
If anyone hasn't tried hunting behind a good set of beagles, you should get ahold of Joey and see if he'll bring his down, it's a blast.

·
Registered
32,192 Posts
Bunny hunting behind beagles is a thrill!!!!

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Modeerhunter. I've put alot of time in those dogs. It takes alot of hard work to get em going like that. Hours and hours spent in the field. I'm planning a litter very soon off daisy. I like the way she works a brush pile hopefully she'll pass that down to her offspring. Going to keep a small female out of the litter. Train her up and be a part of my pack. Should be a good addition. Can't wait to work with a new pup.

I'm always looking for new places to hunt. It puts a big smile on my face to see others enjoy those beagles as much as I do.

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
sounds like a blast
wish i could have made it sun. but i still cant get away from the:toilet:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts