Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the MWT'ers that came out today...

droptine shot a 278
JarJar shot a 251
jarsmed shot a 269
and myself shot a 254

We had a good shoot with some great folks and AWESOME food!

Not an extremely challenging course but I still shot sub-par for my liking. This makes 2 weeks in a row that my lil' bro outshot me! That new bow of his is a shooter for sure!

Got to hold a Ross for the first time. Loved the grip! The owner said it was between the Switchback and the CR331 and he bought the Ross. He said it is deadly silent and has NO hand shock. Looks like I'll be making a trip to Powderhorn in Columbia to shoot one of those babies before it's all said and done!

Again, Thanks to all who came out!

·
Under appreciated
91,818 Posts
Thanks for the report jmac. Sounds like a great time. :cheers:

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Glad to hear you all had a good time.

As far as the Ross goes it is the quietest bow I've ever been around. But remember that is for good reason. I won't say anymore because I've already said too much.

BTH

·
Registered
306 Posts
I made that shoot too....I shot a 283....ended up flighting out to 2nd place in the 1st flight...my only wound was on the black bear right before the white sheep as you go into the woods....I just hate string silencers that come out of the string.....

It was a good shoot...and dang those women can cook.....confidence builder for me seeing how I hadn't been to a shoot in a couple years....can't wait till tomarrow to shoot Mexico's course....

Chromie

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
BTH, don't go there :hysterical::hysterical:

Originally posted by jmmcguire

Got to hold a Ross for the first time. Loved the grip! The owner said it was between the Switchback and the CR331 and he bought the Ross. He said it is deadly silent and has NO hand shock. Looks like I'll be making a trip to Powderhorn in Columbia to shoot one of those babies before it's all said and done!
JMac :cheers::cheers: Your in for a treat.

·
Under appreciated
91,818 Posts
Originally posted by MoBowman
BTH, don't go there :hysterical::hysterical:

JMac :cheers::cheers: Your in for a treat.
Roger that...
jmac.. ya got good earmuffs right? :hysterical:

·
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by rat
I'd need a daggum kevlar suit to shoot wit BTH!:***:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by rat
yea, watch out fo dat limb shrapnel....hehhee

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
saddly i missed this shoot shot the frist one they had earlier this year it sure was a lot of fun just some good old folks that put together a really really good shoot......lucky the good old women don't let you to the food till after you shot.

·
Under appreciated
91,818 Posts
Originally posted by rat
Hey jmac.. I didnt shoot very good, but did I just survive another 3d with no exploding limbs on my Btech!! :cheers::cheers:
I wonder how many more shoots that bow has left in it anyways?? lol

I did notice that folks were standing pretty clear of me when I drew and shot..:peepwall:
Wonder whats that all about??

·
Registered
903 Posts
Most definitely a good day with friends. Wish I'd have put two good halves together. Good to finally meet you Jar Jar and yeah, Justin, you'd better get it together or Jared outshooting you might become a regular occurence.

·
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CP, it depends on the scoring system.

This shoot was scored 10-8-5
Most shoots are scored 12-10-8-5
And some are scored other ways.

Flights just depend on if there is good turnout at the shoot and how they score it.

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
No kevlar or ear muffs required. Your bow doesn't need to be quiet when the deer is already hit before it hears the noise. :D

Oh yeah, I've yet to see a Bowtech explode, crack okay, but not explode so the kevlar suit would be a bit of overkill I would say.:cool3:

BTH

·
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BTH, Cracking is SO less dramatic!

No "shock and awe" in CRACK. Explode is where it's at!

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Well jmac you are correct on that.

BTH

·
Registered
306 Posts
wanna talk about a "CRACK" you should have been next to me several years ago when my Onieda blow up........put some pretty good welps on my head and neck no to mention the nock goind through my hand between my thumb and first finger....:eek:I'll never have one of those again....

Chromie

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I have to say that I really enjoyed shooting with you all Saturday. I don't think that I shot that bad for my first 3D, but I could tell that I wasn't shooting my best.

Found out today that I have to work next Saturday, so that blows my plans to help out Hayzer Friday and Saturday. But I think that I will still be able to make it to the Bowbender's Shoot on Sunday.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Originally posted by JarJar
I have to say that I really enjoyed shooting with you all Saturday. I don't think that I shot that bad for my first 3D, but I could tell that I wasn't shooting my best.

Found out today that I have to work next Saturday, so that blows my plans to help out Hayzer Friday and Saturday. But I think that I will still be able to make it to the Bowbender's Shoot on Sunday.
Cool. :cheers:

....well not cool for Hayzer I guess, but cool you can make it down to the shoot.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.