Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK......I'm in the market for a new T-Handle release since my antique Hot Shot is now permanently retired. I would like one that can be released with my thumb and can be left hanging on my D-Loop while I am sitting in my stand. That way I don't have to fumble around trying to watch my target with one eye and finding my Loop with the other. I have no knowledge of any other brands or types out there so I'm open for suggestions so lets here your suggestions. I tend to favor the T.R.U. Ball brand so far. Here is their link....http://www.truball.com/Hunting.html

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,538 Posts
MM, let me do some digging, If I can figure out where I put them, I've got a couple old trueball releases I'll never shoot again. Hopefully I can find them, I'm not real organized.:hysterical:

·
5,632 Posts
Carter Chocolate Addiction

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Mailman;I know you have your reasons but I think a wrist strap release is the way to go. You hold the bows draw weight with your larger arm and shoulder muscles and you shoot with your trigger finger. You don't shoot a gun with your thumb. As for looking at a target and finding your string loop. If you bump the T release and it comes off the string, it falls 20 feet to the ground. When I see a shooter or even think I may I lock on, put my trigger finger behind the trigger and it works like a saftey. Even holds the bow on my lap that way freeing up my left hand to do more important things such as scratch my :***: etc! I have a Fletchhunter, no valcro just a self tightening strap so there is no noise. I love it. Just my 2 cents worth!

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by jmmcguire
Carter Chocolate Addiction
WOW!! I looked up one of these babies on e-bay and they are going for $150 and up. I'm not a Hummer type of hunter Jmac. I'm more of a Chevy type of guy. I'm trying to keep it under $60 or there abouts. .................Snowman I have a wrist strap release now and find it shoots fine but with it I find myself poking my eye with it when I'm trying to scratch my head. And if I'm trying to scratch my :***: I might poke something else in that vicinity.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
the carter chocolate addiction is the top of the line like you say the hummer of releases...i want one !!!!...you can watch on ebay and get a bk hunter which is basiclly the out dated addiction just a bit differnt shape for about half that.

i have been thinking hard about giving one a try.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Mailman. As has already been noted, the Chocolate Addiction is top of the line. I own one and shot the best indoor score that I shot last winter the second day I owned it. However I never got really comfortable with it and stopped shooting it. I went back to my old $10 T-Handle that they don't even make any more.

For a hunting T-Handle that Chocolate Addiction might be a little bit of overkill, I mean, really, all you need is something to pull the string back and let it go. You mentioned Tru-Ball which is a good choice. If you watch Archery Talk classifieds you can often pick up your release of choice at a bargain too rather than paying retail for it.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,294 Posts
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
Mailman. As has already been noted, the Chocolate Addiction is top of the line. I own one and shot the best indoor score that I shot last winter the second day I owned it. However I never got really comfortable with it and stopped shooting it. I went back to my old $10 T-Handle that they don't even make any more.

For a hunting T-Handle that Chocolate Addiction might be a little bit of overkill, I mean, really, all you need is something to pull the string back and let it go. You mentioned Tru-Ball which is a good choice. If you watch Archery Talk classifieds you can often pick up your release of choice at a bargain too rather than paying retail for it.
Translation: DSG has a Chocolate Addiction for sale.....maybe.:D

·
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by venatic
Nope. He DID have one for sale. Jmac bought it! :D

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
If you get a truball that has stickers in the handle, they make a wrist strap that attached into the cut outs for the stickers. You get the benefits of a t-handle, but you don't have to worry about bumping the trigger and dropping it for a tree stand. Mine is set up that way after dropping it from a stand a couple of times.

Takes about 30 seconds to take the wrist strap off the release or put it back on. Nice thought out set up so you take it hunting with the strap or pull the strap off for indoor or 3D if you don't want it on there.

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've decided to go with my wrist strap caliper model for now and see how it works with these new carbon arrows. I still have time to change my mind to get a T-handle release. The one I have has the strap plus the grip for the three fingers so I'm pulling with my wrist and my fingers at the same time. I seems to work fine for the range so far.

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Originally posted by jmmcguire
Originally posted by venatic
Nope. He DID have one for sale. Jmac bought it! :D
Are you used to this release yet jmac?

MM.. I'm just getting used to a scott lil goose and I kinda like it. Shot it last Sat and didnt do too bad... couple of flubs but my fault totally and I knew right when I let 'er go it was a bad shot.

·
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by rat

Are you used to this release yet jmac?
Not as "used to it" as I'd like to be! Still working on it.

(Haven't shot all that much lately)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.