Choke tube Here!!! Edited...pics added.

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by FiremanBrad, Mar 24, 2006.

1. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Ordered a new Comp-N-Choke, XXFull for the new Benelli 20 ga. this morning...Can't wait to put some rounds through it on the patterning board, and then some turkey targets...I'll be sure to take pics of the results!!!

2. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    :dancin: That should get the job done nicely

3. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Speaking of choke tubes, I have a 12g Beretta 390 AL, any recommendations for a choke for hunting turkey for me folks?

4. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
    i love those tubes. my buddy bought a sparten O/U last fall and got his c-n-c delivered this week. i'll let you know how it does out of his gun. i have used them in 3 dif. make/brand shotguns and have all three give exalent patterns with no holes in the pattern. his sparten will be the 4th dif brand shotgun i'll have witness using their chokes. so far they have been consistant no matter what brand of gun. that tells me they know what they are doing.

5. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I'm a die hard Comp N Choke guy, have been for years...I have one in my 3 1/2" 12ga. Rem. 870, and one in my daughters youth model 870 20 ga. Both work excellent...It took a considerable amount of the recoil out of the 20 ga., but not near as much out of the 3 1/2"...but nuttin will help that...lol. Both guns with the right ammo pattern really well with the CnC choke tubes...the 12 ga tube I have is a XXXFull, the 20 is a XXFull, can't remember the constriction of either. Thier website is www.comp-n-choke.com I ordered mine directly from the factory, but if you are shooting a 12 ga, I believe Cabela's has them......not sure. And by the way, that Beretta AL 391 is one heckuva gun....very nice choice!!!!

6. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Oooops, 390, I will get the Urika this fall.

7. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
    i have them on my winchester 1300, and my verona O/U. also had one on my browning bps as well as a mad max for that one too but sold the shotgun to fund my O/U purchase a few years back.i am only shooting a .675" constriction on both my shotguns for several reasons. i wanted to use both at some local meat shoots and they have a choke limit of .675" constriction. for the turkey loads i could go down to a .665" constriction but to tell the truth i am getting a 14" pattern at 35 yds and a really nice pattern of 20" at 40 yds shooting 3" win. #5 with that .675"
    what was realy interesting on that O/U was shooting the c-n-c barrel first then the second barrel with a std x-full choke in it. the c-n-c- made a dif. in felt recoil. no two ways about it.

8. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Good info JimH...I'm sold on them for sure. This tube I just ordered is 49.95 plus shipping from the factory. I believe my 12 ga tube is the .665, can't remember what the 20 ga tube is.

I'm bettin if ya buy one Nicholas, you won't be sorry!!!

9. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I got the new choke tube in the mail today....XXFull, constriction is .565, I should have target and patterning pics over the weekend...Here's a couple of pics....one of em will really tease ya'll!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    I heard those are some bad :ass: chokes. I can't wait to see your patterning target(s) ~ AND your turkey... :D

I bought me a Primo's Tight Wad (.660) for my new Rem 11-87. I can't wait to see what it does, too. But actually, I got a preview during last year's Fall season, when JackJr loaned me his 11-87 with the same choke I bought. IMHO, they should have named the choke tube "The Stomper", 'cause it stomps 'em where they stand.

It's almost here! :banana:

11. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Fireman I have a little 1100 Remington LT Special with a 21 inch barrel that I put a turkey choke on that measures .575 It really patterns the #5 shot really well. Can't wait to see what that .565 does. Hey......wait one minute.........I think I found a mushroom.......I did!!! :banana: First one of the year. It is right under that turkey in the picture you posted. Could you save it for me?

12. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Maybe some folks can share some patterning targets from this spring? Give us the gun, choke and shell, and we guess the yardage?

Parker

13. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

That shroom might be just a wee bit crunchy....lol!!! I'm going to try Remington #6's, and Winchester Supreme #5's out of this gun/choke for starters...Stay tuned!!!

14. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

I just use the X Full turkey choke my 870 came with:whinging:

15. jshull4105

jshull4105 New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Odessa MO
    Sweet post some pictures of those target's. You going to turkey hunt with the 20 gauge?

16. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I would have posted pictures of my son's gun from the patterning board, but it blew the patterning board away. I guess he's good to go.:roll2:

17. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Actually, this is my daughters gun, but I am taking it to Iowa as my backup...ya can only kill em so dead!!! I know her little youth model 870 20 ga. with this same Comp N Choke was a 35 yd gun....I have killed birds farther than that with my 3 1/2" 12, but it's been a looooong time!!! Nothing wrong with a 20, IMHO....Like I said, ya can only kill em so dead...My primary gun this year will be my double barrell Black Powder....and I'd be willin ta make anybody a bet!!!!!!!

18. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
    i bought a hastings turkey choke for my 20 ga. and i must say i was disapointed in the pattern with it. that is the second hastings i've had experiance with that didn't pattern worth a hoot. kinda blotchy with a bit of blown pattern. i will try some other loads out of it over time to see if there is anything it really likes. i'll be getting a chomp n choke for it this summer. i found the hastings in a close out bin last month so i figured what the heck. the flush fitting extra full throws a much better pattern.

19. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    been thinking about an after market tube,
    waitin on pics:pop:

20. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

IMHO, the Comp N Choke is hard to beat...this is the 3rd one in the safe. I believe I'd rather spend 50 bucks on a choke tube, and 7 on a box of shells, rather than 20 bucks for HeviShot!!!! Of course, the name of the game is callin em in close....lol.