choice broadhead for turkey

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by Bowkil, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    well as spring turkey season approaches, and i get more exited that i get to go out again and try to arrow something with my bow. im thinkin most of the springtime hunters will be toatin around a scatter gun, well not me im out to arrow a gobbler this spring. i was wondering whats yuor guys set up for turkey this year? i gonna use a B52, 2 blade broadhead with a gamegetter in the back. no shots over 25 yards. i got a 3D bowhunt comming up next sat and sun, hopefully they be alot of turkey targets. cant wait to take the SSS bath and douse my self with the SSS oil and go out callin! im tryin something different this year with no decoys. just my portable ground blind.

2. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

My favorite broadhead was the Vortex 125gr. 2.75" cutting surface, 2-blade mechanical.

3. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Anything that shoots as straight as possible, cause those turks are hard to hit! :eek:

Parker

4. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    I use the Hammerhead by Rocket. Three blades 2" expandable. The person that I've seen kill the most turkeys with a bow on TV is Jay Gregory on Wild Outdoors. I'm pretty sure thats what he uses or at least used to and he's drilled a truckload of gobblers.

5. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    i stopped at cabelas on my way home this weekend and picked up a 3 pack of the gobbler guitine 4 inch cutting diameter. gonna sacrafice one tomorow to see how it shoots,

6. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    Dang Chuck...unless they dropped the price on those things I'd have a real hard time sacrificing one!!

I don't use any different broadheads for turkey than I do for deer. I'm of the belief that just like deer hunting it's all about shot placement. If I knew I was going to hit where I wanted to I think any broadhead on the market will do the trick.

7. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    no the price is pretty steep on em but I'd rather shoot one to make sure its hits where its supposed to then be way off at the moment of truth.