Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Former Leader in Warning points!
10,546 Posts
It’s a pretty smart concept that skirts the laws to keep it a muzzleloader. Essentially it is a cartridge with no bullet so you can then stuff a bullet down the front. Totally unneeded in MO though, because you can use an AR platform during that season.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Missouri law says ONLY loaded through the muzzle.
https://huntfish.mdc.mo.gov/huntfish/seasons/deer-firearms-alternative-methods
Prohibited
Any rifle capable of being loaded by any means other than the muzzle

You could load 45/70 rifle the exact same way. It would not be legal unless it was a pistol. Not that i care anyway. Mine shoot far faster and far cheaper for much less cost per shot. If you enjoy paying $2.70 per shot for 2000ish fps....Enjoy.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Missouri law says ONLY loaded through the muzzle.
https://huntfish.mdc.mo.gov/huntfish/seasons/deer-firearms-alternative-methods
Prohibited
Any rifle capable of being loaded by any means other than the muzzle

You could load 45/70 rifle the exact same way. It would not be legal unless it was a pistol. Not that i care anyway. Mine shoot far faster and far cheaper for much less cost per shot. If you enjoy paying $2.70 per shot for 2000ish fps....Enjoy.
The argument that it isn't "loaded" until a projectile has been inserted through the muzzle is what will be made here.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
So we can all just load up our 45/70s the same way then? Harry Pope was doing it over 100 years ago. Nothing new here other than the $2.70 cost.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
About a buck a shot for powder modules. Rifle weighs about 5lbs and does not require a 4473. 2000fps from a 18ish" barrel. 45cal though but thats no biggie here. Built right here in the USA. Cost will be $600 or less but that is yet to be confirmed.

Lehigh Mongrel based on the SSK-50 (Contender G2) frame.

·
Registered
21,280 Posts
My thoughts are it wont change my game. Looked to me like she had a hard time closing the break action correctly.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
CVA Hunter 45/70 around $250
Convert to a ML at Center Punch USA for about $200
Pound of 4198 or many others....about $30
Over 2300fps all day long and no corrosive powder

Sorta removes all the advantages of the Fiddlestick other than ease of removing the load. Its not like 4198 will rust your barrel and removing the 209 makes it legally unloaded as far as transporting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts