chilli

Discussion in 'Just Good Food' started by yankee, Nov 2, 2010.

1. yankee

yankee Senior Member

i am in need of a few over the top recipes, you see Ducks Unlimited hosts a big buck night in our area every year, and every year they have a chilli contest, i want something unique and over the top, nothing overly spicy but must have some heat

maybe use venison burger but not neccesary, i thought about a 3 bean 3 meat chilli, but just can't seem to lock 1 down

so i thought id throw this out there for the best cooks in the country:2thumbsup: fess up, and if it's something you want to keep a secret u2u me it and i'll keep it under wraps

2. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    My first attemp at making chili was last year for the cookoff here at work. It was passible, but I don't think it was anything to win with

3. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Mine changes every time, but the standards are

Ground deer
    Williams chili seasoning.
    Chili beans, Red Kidney beans and black beans.
    A can or two of Rotel tomatoes/chilies. Or Williams "chili fixins" tomoatoes and chilies.
    Use V8 juice for the liquid part,

Kinda cheaitng I know, but thats the easiest way to get good flavor.

Check out williams website, lots of recipes and ideas

http://www.williamsfoods.com/Recipe_Box.php

[file]145396[/file]

4. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    Never thought of using V8 :thinking:

5. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    [rquote=1875719&tid=130621&author=judah]Never thought of using V8 :thinking:[/rquote]

Yea its the ticket.

Actually I have been doing a little differnt lately.
    I make my own salsa every year and strain off some of the liquid, otherwise the salsa would be too runny. I get about equal parts salsa, and "salsa juice" so I can them both. That salsa juice is $$$$ in chili!!

6. Roscoe Dog

Roscoe Dog Active Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Maryland Heights,Mo
  7. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    The way I make mine is with V8 for the base, couple cans of chilli hot beans, couple cans of red beans, 2 cans of rotel, various spices, garlic and for the meat I use a pond of burger mixed with a pound of finely chopped sirlion.

8. yankee

yankee Senior Member

i have 85 quarts of fresh canned tomatoes and tomato juice, wife would shoot me if i said here add V8:D:D

9. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    [rquote=1875939&tid=130621&author=yankee]i have 85 quarts of fresh canned tomatoes and tomato juice, wife would shoot me if i said here add V8:D:D[/rquote]

Tomato juice will work good, Doctor it up with black pepper and celery salt

10. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    [rquote=1875776&tid=130621&author=1FastCam]The way I make mine is with V8 for the base, couple cans of chilli hot beans, couple cans of red beans, 2 cans of rotel, various spices, garlic and for the meat I use a pond of burger mixed with a pound of finely chopped sirlion.[/rquote]
    Thats just what I do.. V8 is good in vegetable beef soup too.

I got second in a chilli cookoff couple three years ago with a smoked wild pheasant white chilli. :wave:

11. yankee

yankee Senior Member

i have a 3 meat recipe featuring ground pork loin, ground ny strip and cherizo, also features 3 beans

12. RB.

RB. Senior Member

May 16, 2003
    warren county
  13. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    I like to use half ground beef or venison and half pork sausage. :cheers: